LED computer grow box with pics!!!!!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by boricuapuffer, Oct 5, 2008.

1. The yield isent to great but its very potent

2. no smell just yet

3 x 50 watt LED panels $400
    Scrapped computer tower $0
    Do it yourself DWC tub $3
    double output air pump $25
    3 x 3" netpots $3
    85watt CFL bulb $26
    scrapped computer fans and 12v DC power adapter $0
    misc $40

3. wow cooled for 4 minutes every 4 hours, i remember when i first fired this up, i use to have it on for 24 hours, but it never burned out, what does your panels look like. i got my panels from HTGsupply. the specs are

108 LED MIXED Blue/Red Spectrum Panel

High Powered 12" x 12" panel uses approximately 50 watts

Measures: 12" wide x 12" long x 1 1/4"

RED LIGHT = 645-655 Nanometers (NM)

BLUE LIGHT
    = 460 - 470 Nanometers (NM)

4. I have two styles. built in power supply, and i have 2 panels with an external power supply much like yours. The panels with the 12v power supply seem to work the best. I was orignally going to buy htg panels but they had the same problem with them that i orignally did. I talked to htg supply for hours. Finally they got all the bad panels back and stocked ones with an improved curcit boards. I had to swap all my boards out because they were faulty. The new panels are better, but not 100 percent. htg supply will not tell you to cool just because they dont know. these lites are new.

5. forgive me liplayer101 im having a hard time following.....my panels come with an external power supply, are you saying that these are bad or good? and if they are will HTG switch em for me, i would hate to have to dispute the charge on my credit card. furthermore the panels that i got from them dont really come with much documentation so how will i know which is which? thnx in advance

bpuffer McGee

6. Then you should be good. Ive had much better luck with the 50watt panels that have an external power supply. I had panels from htg that dident have an external power supply, and thats where the problems were.

7. Looks great so far, and the LED panels are simply awesome... I cant wait to see how these work during flowering! :)

Just a couple of suggestions though... 3 plants in such a small space might be an issue in the future... Once the roots start filling the tub, i have heard stories of plants fighting each other for nutrients, and covering each other for the light...

Good luck and keep us posted, and ill say it again, i love those LEDs! :wave:

P.S. anyone interested in the PC cases should search, about a year ago this board was full of them. (and dont look at the one in my sig it was terrible, all i did was gut it and hang a light in it.)

8. THANKS! im starting realize the whole space issue, it was a noob move:p, so far the middle plant is the only one out of the three showing promise so i just may have to pull the plug out on the other 2, they were all germinated and planted at the same time and only the middle plant has a great root system so far, the other two havent even shown 1 root!:mad: i guess it was bad genetics. i might take a poll to see what's the best route from here! Smilintime where are you:wave:! pics coming soon! stay tuned

9. lol you should be fine with one plant, and i definitely suggest Scroging ur plant! :D

10. so these are the new pics, my middle plant which i affectionately dubbed "EVA" is doing very well with significant growth everyday, as for the other two.......well im open to suggestions as how i can make them catch up to EVA, enjoy!

Attached Files:

11. Hey boricuapuffer,

Well, this is a serious amount of growth for your EVA, can't really tell why the other two aren't growing at the same rate. I have seen plants before, same seeds, same soil, same lights, same everything, but not growing at the same rate, so I think you're right, it's probably some sort of genetic issue.

In my opinion, you have to make the call of whether you want to continue growing the other two. The one plant (pic 1 row 2, actually looks pretty healthy, and I'm sure that when its roots develop futher it's gonna take off) The other one, not so good, but it should recover with some more vegging! The other factor is the more plants you have, the better your chances are of getting a female (not sure if you said these were feminised or not - in which case you're golden with the one plant ;)).
    From 3 plants, you have a 87.5% chance of getting a female, but with one plant, your chances are 50% so you gotta make the call.

I think I told ya that your plants would be pretty low, EVA looks like it's growing sideways, haha. That's great, and should be awesome for a little screening. You should have no height issues. Things look really good.

Keep it up.

12. thanks smilintime, your input is always welcome and appreciated:D

i forgot to mention that i started to LST EVA, just as a start, i was recommended to do a scrog.....still trying to figure it out and how to implement it. :confused:

i will give the other two plants another week to pick up their game or its garbage city for them!

no! no feminized seeds here, all bagseed till i get the hang of growing, there are also a few modifications im interested in doing to the growbox that i hope will have a postive impact on my operation, such as lining the inside with mylar and trying to fit an extra bulb in there that will eliminate odor before any air is exhausted! let me know what are your thoughts on this guys and gals!

13. Scrog and LST are very similar, the difference being rather than tying down the plant with string to spread it horizontally, you push the new foliage under a screen and it grows horizontally against that, then when it comes time to flower you let them grow up and through giving you several small colas rather than one large one with a traditional growing technique.

Also, if your talking about Fresh 2TI bulbs, i've heard its better to have on in the main fixture of whatever room your in rather than on top of the plants themselves. I have no experience with this, its just what i've heard on the boards.

14. really thats a bummer, i did buy 6 of them, 4 were gonna go in my ceiling fan and the other 2 were gonna be hooked up to the exhaust fan but if what you say is true then whats the point, imma try and do a lil more digging to see what i find on this matter, thanks for your input

15. wow, great idea

i'll have to try a setup like this myself

16. how many lowryders/top 44s do you think you could realistically fit in the computer case though? and wouldn't using cfls be better for yield and cost?

17. i think realistically just 2! i made the reservoir with 3 netpots just so i can have some leadway in case a plant goes bad. So far the CFL has done a wonderful job at vegging my babies, however when i switch the lighting cycle to 12/12, i am gonna use my LED panles to flower.:eek:

18. ok everyone here are some updated pics, i did a lil LST'ing to EVA and the other 2 plants have finally shown some root development, one more than the other but its leaves are curling and it hasn't show any significant new vegative growth, so if there are any ideas as to why, please let me in on this!

on another note, EVA's root system is prolific and snaking its way all over the tub....so obviously this is making daddy very happy but i dont know exactly what happens when two plants root systems meet each other! can someone shed some light on this?

so here are the pics, enjoy!

Attached Files:

19. lookin real good there bori.
    cant wait to see the outcome. stay up. -york

20. i think its bad to have 2 plants roots touching each other there will be a competition. survival of the fittest.