LED Christmas Lights for Growing?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Mystic, Nov 27, 2007.

1. LED Christmas Lights for Growing?
    <HR style="COLOR: #258c25" SIZE=1>Ok...so of course i'm a little high, but seriously...if I bought up a few strands of LED christmas lights...the reds and maybe a blue and weaved them in and out of the garden...would it help, are they strong enough??

Thanks for your input...I'm tempted to get a few

2. That's what I'm trying to find out...people are starting to use regular LED lights to grow with..and are successful at doing so...and the only thing that would possibly be different in Christmas lights would be potential output.....so why wouldn't it work...

So yes...seriously!

3. It seems worth trying as an experiment if you had a plant you were okay with it failing.

If I were to try to use something like that, I think I'd mount all the lights tightly packed in a piece of cardboard or thin wood which would make a panel you could put rights up against the plant for maximum effect.

4. That's what I'd think about doing...I can't find anything online about the light intensity of the lights...so I'll probably let it go...but I'm wondering if an old stop light sign would work...you know, the red one?