LED/CFL closet grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by drew425, Nov 30, 2012.

1. #1 drew425, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    Ok first off this is technically my 3rd grow as im harvesting in a few weeks and have already started another one before this, but I just started growing in August of this year so I consider myself a newb.
    Any suggestions about anything related to my journal, please feel free to post and/or tag along.

Ill start with what im growing....

4 white widow fem seeds from Nirvana
    1 Auto fem Northern Lights see from Nirvana
    1 Amensia Haze clone
    3 carmelicious clones (these clones will come in to play soon as they are still in my clone machine trying to root)

All plants are being grown in FF ocean soil mixed with some perilite, and just a touch of bone meal, blood meal, and kelp meal in 1 gallon grow bags presently
    Nutes are FF grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom
    I just started applying nutes to the ww's which are about 14-17 days old
    The NL Auto is about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks old and has been flowering for about 1- 1 1/2 weeks
    Per the advice of one of you awesome GC peeps I will be moving to NL Auto back and forth beteween my HPS flowering grow tent to under my LED to get maximun light that the Autos love.
    I just FIM'd my Amnesia Haze which is about 3 weeks into clone. (hopefully I did it right)

Lights im using in my closet are 1 45w LED Glow Panel and 600w of CFL's. (note sure what the actual wattage of the CFLs are) I have 300w of 6500k CFL's and a large 300w 2700k CFL for added spectrum. My grow box is a cheesy large walmart storage bin lined with mylar

I've got one of those vortex fans blowing on the plants to keep the branches strong

I will also throw in some pics of my 2 larger Carmelicious girls that are in my flowering tent because they got too big for the closet.! Just wanted everyone too see how awesome they look after growing them from seed and vegging them under the LED.

Im sure im forgetting something so ill keep adding on. This journal is kind of a cluster right now so ill get it figured out and edited

Now for pics.
    Heres my ww at about 2- 2 1/2 weeks. Im pretty impressed with the dense leave pattern

[​IMG]

Auto Northern Lights. Looking a little sad right now because it needs to be watered. I watered it and it perked right up. Moving it to a 5 gal this weekend. With it flowering it drys out too quick in that 1 gal bag
    [​IMG]

2. More pics to come today. Sorry about the cropping and pictures quality. I suck at these things

3. Subbed. Interested in seeing the White Widow and the NL I would like to see how they grow =). I have been looking for WW seeds everywhere. I am just leary about ordering online.

4. quote=greatkitsune;16488852]Subbed. Interested in seeing the White Widow and the NL I would like to see how they grow =). I have been looking for WW seeds everywhere. I am just leary about ordering online.[/quote]

And im interested in seeing that rack you got there to the left:hello:

Jk hope I didn't offend. The White Widow had been very easy so far. One of the reason why I picked it. Will be donig some LST soon.

More pics
    NL early stage of flowering. The pic above makes it look very unhealthy, but its actually doing really good. I know it needs a new pot. I think I gave a little too much nutes and burned the lower leaves
    [​IMG]

5. #5 drew425, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    Amnesia Haze. She's looking very, very, nice. What do you guys think, time to LST??
    [​IMG]
    smaller pic of the haze
    [​IMG]
    Another of the haze after I FIM'd it. Hope I did it right
    [​IMG]

6. I have talked to a couple people that have been willing to get me seeds for WW but they never quite come through =( they looks great!

7. I was a little hesitant too about ordering online but I have now 5 times and every time I had no problems. I like Nirvana the best so far. Great customer service, prices, and discreet shipping

8. Will look into Nirvana I was looking at Attitude

9. I have heard attitude is good too

10. Another big factor is I am broke right now and the shipping just scares the hell outta me,. I found some AK 47 seeds locally so haven't given up hope yet

11. i subbed on your grow journal. another grow on my list is ak47

12. I was wary about ordering online, but I know no one for real seeds. I didn't want to order seeds again for several years, so I used Attitude for the freebies and ended up with 25 seeds/10 strains for about $160. Two freebies were WW and everything went smoothly with stealth shipping.

13. I am making feminized seeds out of my AK47

14. From my 5 seed orders so far I got about 20 seeds. Have you tried to grow with them yet? Only thing is you'll have a hard time telling what strains they are. I know theres a few I could pick out but its almost impossible to guess some with all the hybrids these days:D

15. I have a list of ones that I wanna try":

White Widow
    Afghan Kush
    Northern Lights
    Sour Diesel

those are the top ones that I want to try. Once I get my female seeds rolling gonna do a trading thing with friends.

16. I love smoking sour d:smoking:

17. Have heard a bunch about Sour D which is why I want to try my hand at it. Have heard that it has a problem with going hermy. WW is the one that I have been trying to find everywhere. Since it is popular it shouldn't be this hard to get lol

18. I order breeder's packs that are still sealed and the freebies came individually bagged and marked. On day 16 for the three strains in my sig.

I'm no expert nor connoisseur, so I have to go by the website info and comments from people who've grown that strain. Regardless, it'll be a thousand times better than the schwag I'm smokin' now.

19. Cool where did you order it from? I like to know what im growing so I can take note of the qualities I like or dislike and if I want to grow it again or not. Subbed your grow journal;)

20. I have heard from quite a few people to buy an entire pack and not on of the pick and mix seeds. Seems the pick and mix have a higher rate of failure. Just from what I have heard no matter who the seed bank is that this is true. Don't know if they just keep the packs open but when they break them up there seems to be a problem..