Leaving town

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by tspimpin1118, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Moisten the worm bedding thoroughly just before your departure. You can cover the bin with a wet cloth or wet corrugated to help retain moisture. If you are in a rubbermaid type tote bin then just affix the lid after you moisten. Just make sure they have air and all will be well with your worms.

Your seedlings are another story......

Good luck

2. Depending on the age and health of the seedlings (are these seedlings or plants?) you can consider placing them in a tray or in a saucer and wicking water from the bottom up. If these are plants - having more than 3 sets of leaves - they will be fine using this method.

An alternative to the direct wicking from the bottom up is to simply use a wick. Take some white material like a tee shirt, cut a square and roll it up tightly. Place one end of the wick in the soil and the other in a jar/glass of water. The wicking action from the jar to the material to the soil will get you by for a week. Again, depends on what age of and size of plants (seedlings), and container size you are dealing with.

:bongin::bongin::bongin: just spitballing :smoking:

3. Thanks Sam and Possuum,

I use moss as a covering for my bin hopefully this will be ok..?

I really like the wick idea with the shirt I was thinking more of a container drip system but I like the wick idea better. So far only one seed has germinated and has been planted in a starter pot as of yesterday. It has not sprouted yet :(:confused::eek: so my estimates put me at probably the most delicate time.... I guess Ill just try my best and wait to see .

Thanks- TS

Attached Files:

4. So I updated my journal you can check out a link in my sig. Basically I leave in 6 days still no sprout and I just planted my second seed today. Am I totally fucked or what ? Please help

Thanks- TS

5. go to hd lowes, get a battery operated hose timer, (9 bucks or so) a little bit of irrigation tubing, some drip lines and drip emitters. Set it up with a emitter in each pot, figure out how often you need to water, set the timer and your plants will be auto watered.

I am setting my plants up with small sprayers, electric irrigation control, using my set up that waters the veg garden in the summer, we will be gone for almost 4 weeks, later, they will be on their own.

I set up some plastic tubs that drain into a laundry tub, so excess water is not an issue.

6. Thanks shubbie, I think I will try this!

7. If you don't have a laundry tub or drain handy, put them in a tray on a table have it drain into a large trash can. Get it set up and running without the plants to test the amount of water that comes out, the drainage etc. Also pick up a psi regulator, or make sure you keep the flow rate i.e. the amount you turn your faucet on, low. You don't want to blow off the drippers.

8. This is my first test run with auto watering, the plant needed water

They are called shrub sprayers, little sprayers. The top can be moved to increase or decrease the spray.

Attached Files: