Leaving town for a week, don't trust roomate to mix nutes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigbadghost, May 4, 2011.

1. Hey all,
    Title pretty much sums it up, I am leaving town for about 6 days so I have to delay the start of flowering till I get back. I really don't trust roomate to mix up the 6ml of GH FloraMicro and 9ml of FloraBloom and even if I did, I think that pH balancing the tap water may be too difficult for him. He's not dumb just sort of..out of it. Wondering what people may recommend I do to have him water the girls when i'm away? Right now I am using the Micro and Bloom mixture EVERY feeding. Usually every other day or so lately. Obviously pre-mixing a big batch of nutes is out as apparently they don't keep very well. Tap water comes out at a pH of 8.4 so it does take a bit of Down to get to the normal 6.8 that I aim for. I'm running all of the plants in Happy Frog if that makes any difference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my first grow (2x2 tent, 250watt mh(hps when I flower) 4" Vortex exhaust on top of tent and a small oscillating fan down low) So i'm just nervous that every little thing can go wrong, will. :rolleyes:

2. Pre-measure.

3. If it was me I would just ph enough water and give him exact measurement for each plant with no nutes GOOD LUCK

4. Hey there bud....a good set of nutes will last one week(7days) pre mixed and ph'd...all you would have to teach ur friend is how much water(nute mix) to give them.

5. hey man ... i went away for 4 days and left my roomate with a 19 step instruciton manual on what to do ... detailed down to the T. gave him a quick overview of what he had to do ... and he did it fine.

make detailed instructions, and be sure to give him some nug before u leave ... thats what i did ... because tending to plants nicely is time consuming .. you gotta give him some love nugs for takin care of your plants :) ha

6. Growing in soil? I would say fuck it for nutrients for six days. :eek:

7. It's amazing how people are always fing shit up. Too bad you have to leave for 6 days.
    I would have him give them straight water and nothing else. Hopefuly he doesn't fuck that up. Good luck steez.

8. Thanks for the advice, folks. I will leave a few gallons of pH'd water for him and show him how to balance it himself. I would imagine that there would be enough nutes in soil after giving nutes every watering that 6 days of water isn't going to be TOO bad. Thanks again for advice. That'll help me enjoy my vacation and not worry the whole time.