Leaving for 10 days...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Tropical Bud, Dec 16, 2012.

1. So I'm wondering I got a small-middle size plant on a 5 gallon bucket and i'll be away for 10 days. I can I simply leave a 2lt water bottle dripping? Lights are no problem as I have a timer.

2. We are gone for over 3 weeks, so I put our lil ones on a electric irrigation system.

How much water does your plant use? I have left house plants with a simple wick system, a bucket of water with some wicking material in it, the wick in the plant the water goes to the plant when it is needed.

At nurseries you can also pick up some auto watering items.
    Search Results for plant watering at The Home Depot

The main problem I see with a liter bottle would to make it drip correctly. If you had an iv set up, they have that little dial on the tubing to control the flow. Or a tiny hole that just lets xx amount of water through. But it would only water that one area, the other side of the pot might get pretty dry.
    Not sure if it would hurt the plant to be constantly wet too, but better than totally dry.

3. I would, if possible, make a wick type set up or get some kind of controller on how much water is being delivered. If you could maintain a steady slow dripping with the 2L, then it might be ok. I just keep thinking it would be hard to regulate that.

4. Unfortunately I have not much time to buy any system right now so I've asked my gf to actually come and water them once while I'm gone as long as it's needed. Much more secure. She's been taught. :)

5. lol Us gals are teachable! Good alternative

6. What kind of container are they in? I'm also going to be away for my girls for 2weeks and last time I was gone (they were seedlings ) two dried out and died, and the other two suffered a bit as well. I just transplanted into some air pots and also one into a smart pot type deal (fabric grocery bag). They are on top of perlite that is in some small storage bin things. The perlite is saturated and then the capillary action from the plants roots will suck the water from the perlite but they still get oxygen. I saw someone using this method on here I will try and find the link. She was who inspired me.

you could also make a SIP. anyway good luck and ill look for the link - TS