Leaving a MMO when you are a part of a Active community.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by bluntfists, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Hey everyone.
    Just felt like venting a little while asking if anyone feels the same way. I just quit a mmo tonight. Its been around for about 15-16 years and I have been off and on since. Tonight I said to hell with this and I wanted to leave it forever. I do not find leaving the game difficult at all but the people really hard. everyone in my current ( or as of now old guild) is very active and it sucks to leave these guys iv spent the last two years with. I find I come back to the game more because a friend texts me wanting help starting the cycle over again. so this time I made it clear I was done, no more, I wont be on again unless it is to sell my accounts.
    Anyone else have experience with this? like I had said iv been on and off for years so it is nothing new for me but leaving my friends never gets easy. It is just a game but the people are real....

2. I usually just play games in the winter. Even though I have made many online friends I always just randomly stop playing once the weather gets nice. Once winter swings around I often find myself going back and catching up again.

3. What game and reason for leaving?

4. its no different than leaving a local sports league.

Just a game you used to play with people

This is real life. Its OK to move on

-yuri

5. #5 Viral Frog, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
    With today's technology, there's no reason you can't keep in touch and play other online games with them every now and then.

6. I feel like this is that typical "alright guys the time has come im quitting..."

And then is back on in a month type of post

7. I tried mortal online for a few months and the majority if the guild was in the "other games" channel in teamspeak

-yuri

8. It's hard to leave a big group of friends like that, you will probably come back haha

9. Yeah you can make some awesome friends and it sucks to leave them, tbh with me, it never happens on the spot, more like I slowly lose interest in the game until I don't go on it for months or years, but I usually go back every now and again if it's a good game, and then my cycle starts again haha

10. You all read the question in reverse. do (this) while playing and the other (players) rage. no man left behind kinda shit...until you drop the call and blame it on a power cord being pulled [​IMG]

11. Can't say I have the same kind of experience, but it always sucks to leave a good company of fellow gamers. I loved playing Trouble In Terrorist Town on a few regular servers, we played fair and had a shitload of fun.

It's extremely hard to find like-minded friends who enjoy playing the same kinda games.

12. play hard, go pro. get paid like a dota 2 champ. your 16 years of commitment will pay off in one victorious tournament win of 1.6 million. Only today, can you be a millionaire from cyberathletics. NEVER GIVE UP THE DREAM [​IMG]

13. for me a guild means allot i had friends in wow that i met through twitch spoke every day for a year and sort of made life easier after a arguement i was kicked and just left never spoke to them again sort of sad

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have the opposite problem, i'm almost 30 now and most of my core gamer friends don't game much anymore. I want to have a big group of friends to delve into some of the many multiplayer games I can't fully enjoy, nobody has the time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. yup this 100% right now lol. I'm in my mid 30's but just became disabled after a back surgery, so I'm at all pretty much every day, but none of my buddies are lol.
    But, for the OP, yes, had the same thing a few years ago when I quit wow. For me it was a little different, as I had been rolling with my guild for many years, knew most of them personally (deth by snoo snoo! lol) was the main raid tank for the guild with my bad ass pally tank greenfever. But in my case the guild kind of fell apart...and once that happened, everyone who kept playing scattered to different servers. I have about 8 toons, only played 2 of them regularly. But server transfers were what, $20 or something a piece? On top of paying $15 a month for the game. My original server was Warsong. That was taken over during the course of my playing by brazilians. I guess that was before they had dedicated south american servers, and warsong had the lowest ping. So after the guild split up, everyone left the server. I did too, went to another server on the promise of basically the same thing I was doing, and it never materialized. After that, wow wasn't fun. It was not a fun game without an active, regular guild, imo. At least at that time. I finally quit after the pandas came out and haven't looked back since. I think about going back, but then I stop myself.
    Tl:dr
    life goes on dude, you will find something else to fill in the void. Everyone does.