Leavin for Costa Rica!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by DezDino, Dec 21, 2008.

1. In less than 3 weeks I'll be flyin my vag. to Costa Rica to start on my 5-week long expedition in the rain forest and beaches near Tortuguero. I'll be doing research on and tracking animals that are native to the region in hopes of helping the conservation effort. We'll also be working with the local nearby community teaching them how to live at one with nature and provide for themselves, rather than profit off the surrounding area by tearing it down.

My goal in life is to one-day own a MASSIVE animal preservation with wildlife from all around the world and totally off the grid. To travel to all corners of the world and save creatures in danger and provide them with a great place to live out there life or be able to put them back into their native homes. Costa Rica is kind of a Step One and will hopefully be the most amazing experience of my life thus far.

When I get back, I'll be saving up money to buy an old-school Mini Winnebago, Toyota Dolphin, or some other small RV to live in. Then once I have enough money, I'm finally gettin out of this crappy state to live my life and live out my dreams.

EVERYONE needs to do everything they can to live out their hopes and dreams because I believe that is the way to be truly happy. Anyone here ever traveled the country? I'd love to get more acquainted with the lifestyle.

Con paz.

2. Awesome!! Have fun.

I've only been to Costa Rica once, earlier this year, and it was only for a week. We spent a few days in Monteverde and a few days in Manuel Antonio. We had a fantastic time... zip lining, horseback riding, bungee jumping, waterfall repelling, white water rafting, sailing... there's SO much to do there and it's a beautiful country.

I'm planning to go back in 2010 to do some volunteer work with the sea turtle research center, and I'd eventually like to buy some land there.

3. I'm not gonna have TOO much free time to travel the whole country and do a bunch of random stuff cuz I'll be working almost my entire stay there. But, the work that I'm doing is going to be the most rewarding and inspiring thing I've ever done - plus I'll be taking a kayak pretty much everywhere I go so that's fun and there's a bad ass zip-lining adventure nearby so I'll definitely do that and I'll actually be living right on the beach of the rainforest so it's going to be absolutely beautiful. I'll have one weekend to travel away from the expedition area and I'm definitely taking advantage of that to go snorkeling! I've heard such amazing things about Costa Rica and seen nothing but absolutely gorgeous pictures of the incredible land there. Oh my god I can't wait.

4. ya, i went there for three weeks my freshman year of HS. we took a horse back ride from the mountains to the coast and did a few other things too. the people are cool, the food is good, and the country is just beautiful.

girls are pretty hot too.

5. costa rica is tight as fuck. get drunk and fuck sexy sexy costa rican bitches (usually they're all on the beaches)

6. I'm going on an expedition to do research in the rainforest. I'll only get to leave base camp for a few days in the 5 weeks that I'm there. It's a conservation effort - not so much a vacation. I'm sure I'll meet badass people in the expedition with me and in the few days that I leave the camp - and in the classes we'll be teaching. The amazing rain forest is the reason I'm there though, and I'll definitely being seeing all there is to see of it - in Tortuguero anyways. Just a few more days and I'm outta here!

PS I fuck hot bitches everywhere.

7. I've always wanted to go to Costa Rica. I'll go someday, looks like an absolutely beautiful country. I'm sure you'll have a hell of a time man! Kayaking and ziplining..beach and the rain forest, sounds like heaven.

8. Enjoy Costa Rica. I've never gone but a bunch of my good friends have. Pura Vida!

9. I moved to Costa Rica five years ago due to the general decline I saw coming in the U.S. Costa Rica has the strongest middle class in Central America, the lowest crime rate, and - most importantly - a history of peace without a military. The health care system is not perfect, but is light years beyond the U.S. For those who are looking for a self-sufficient lifestyle, Costa Rica is still very locally driven where every community is self supporting. Perfect year-round climate, and only 5 hours flight from most U.S. cities. I have started a relocation and tourism business here, so if anyone needs more information, feel free to contact me at http://www.ameuropeservices.com Oh, and possession doesn't get you prison time here :)

10. Sounds amazing man, enjoy the trip. It's gonna surely be an exciting adventure.

I am curious as to how you got involved with this research expedition? Perhaps an internship or through your university?