Leaves yellowing brittle week 6 of flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by zwaghuf, Mar 20, 2013.

1. I have a Blackberry Kush plant that has had some little yellowing and spotting problems for the past week or so. It just got really bad and they seem to be getting worse by the day. The orange spots showed up before the yellowing. It seems to be effecting the top/mid leaves mostly. This plant is in fox farm soil being fed the whole fox farm line. I also add liquid karma, Superthrive and molasses occasionally. I use RO water to feed and water, although I did not have my filter working during this plants veg phase as well as the first couple weeks of flowering. I was thinking it may be the pot. It is in a smaller pot than the other plants in the room. It's only in a 2 gallon pot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. The lady wants some Cal-Mag. I feed it 3 TBS per gallon (in DWC) when it is showing that heavy of a deficiency. Since you are 6 weeks into flower it isn't going to be fatal. You are far enough along where your plant can use it's stockpiles to finish (leaves may turn yellow).

What I would do, but do whatever you will, is cut off the fan leaves that are really bad so you can gauge how bad the progression is, or if it is slowing down.

4. Will not help to add Cal/Mag if your PH is not sorted out, will not uptake nutrients if your PH is out of whackage... it goes without saying, for what' it's worth.

5. Very true. But I wasn't telling him to do that and the problem will be solved. I was merely telling him what I have done to remedy the situation.

6. Zwaghuf- You just blew my mind. I didn't look at your name before commenting on this. I will make a note that the BBK that I just got from an anonymous person will require excess Cal-Mag. :)

7. [quote name='Marduk55']The lady wants some Cal-Mag.

8. Yeah I noticed that yesterday, it's pretty crazy. But yeah I don't have this issue on any of the plants in the bigger pots. My back was out for a couple weeks and I never got around to transplanting all of them. I'm pretty sure that's why it's the only one having issues. Wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on it though.

9. Do you have something to prove?

10. That's probably it then. I'm still probably going to up the cal-mag in mine anyways just to be safe. Are you transplanting it then? Or letting it be?

11. No, I thought you did?

12. I am content with my growing skills as well as the advice I am giving on this forum.

13. I understand... it's just that these guys come on here and want advice but then don't want to give us enough information to make a proper diagnosis. I also understand that this dude can use some Cal/Mag... you'll absolutely right... but my point is, PH is the growers worst enemy... was simply trying to get at his problem with greater accuracy... by saying his PH should "first" be regarded, then Cal/Mag or nutes because if that's not right your advice could simply further sink him, period.

14. I think I'll just let it go. It only has a little over a week left. I might end up pulling it a little early if it gets too bad, but it seems to have stopped getting worse for now.