Leaves wilting, need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grnthmbs, Jul 14, 2017.

1. So I transplanted my girl on Sunday and over the past few days the leaves that appeared healthy at the time of transplant are now wilting badly. I transplanted into FF Happy Frog soil and I'm waiting on a new ph meter as well as a 300 watt LES that should be here in the next few days. It's getting natural laughs through a window during the day and a 1200 lumen 5000K bulb. Temps are around 74 F RH 40% with a fan to mimic the breeze. There's new growth all over the plant that appears healthy right now but so far that has changed over time with each new developing leaf. Any suggestions on the problem and a solution would be much appreciated as I am a fist time grower trying not to lose my first plant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hey, grnthmbs, a couple questions for you:
    1) I assume that your 5k bulb is a CFL. How far away is it from the plant?
    2) Is the fan blowing directly at your plant, or is it directed to a wall of your grow space and air is indirectly hitting your plant?
    3) How frequently and how much (quantity) are you watering?

3. The light is between 4-6 in above the plants top leaves. The fan is indirectly hitting the plant and since the transplant i hadn't watered until today and I watered about 10-12oz of 6.8 pH water

4. I also noticed today that these leaves were dying now (and really quickly) as well. [​IMG] these are the leaves that wilted over night
    [​IMG]this is the appearance today of the leaf from yesterday

5. Is the light a CFL bulb? If yes, you can move that to within 1" of the plant, but 4-6" isn't bad, by any means. Sometimes it is easier to raise the plant to the light by putting a book or something underneath it.

I would recommend facing the fan at one of the walls of your grow space so the only air that hits the plant is indirect. If the plant is under too much stress from air movement, the leaves can get really funky looking. Mine darken up and get lumpy and wrinkled. I'd give this a try for a week and see if new growth still exhibits the same oddity.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The fan is blowing semi-indirectly and is the newest addition to my space. You're the first person to mention this could be the cause so I will make that change as best I can! Thanks for the advice!

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Those are the same level (so to speak) leaves and have both steadily gotten worse over the past 48 hours