Leaves turning yellowish?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sh4d0ws, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Ok I have two Northern Light plants growing, I got the seeds from dr.chronic. Both the plants sprouted about 6 days ago, and they both now have their cotyledon (sp?) and two bigger jagged leaves and then out of the jagged leaves two smaller leaves forming. The bigger leaves are about 4cm long and 1.5cm in width.

Anyways, I've been watering them with water straight from the tap (stupid idea...I know) and they are in soil, that has vercumilite, perlite, and Canadian sphagnum peatmoss already in it. I am positive there is no time-release fertilizers, or fertilizer at all for that matter. Anyways, just recently (about an hour ago actually) I checked on my plants and part of one leaf is going yellowish at the very tip, is this because the pH level is fucked up or what? On my second plant, the yellow is starting to form but its hardly yet visible...

The plants are under about 56 watts of CFL's I know its low, but in a week I'll probably have 100-200 watts of CFL's

So what is causing this yellowing?

2. first thing i thought was fert burn..but there is none so it has to be a ph problem id check that

3. Isnt yellowing of the leaves caused by a lack of nutes.

4. Whole host of causes. Read my thread on Mg.

5. yellow leaves lack of nitrogen m8 check 2 make sure ur soil is not to compact an loose enough for air 2 travel through it. u should be using nutrients after the first 2 weeks the plant need nitrogen patsium and phosphrus to pruduce anthin good

sorry about me speelin shite at text lol good look