Leaves turning yellow on the bottom of plant and falling off. Also leaves starting to turn brown at

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bob’s buds, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Hello, please help leaves turning yellow and falling off at bottom of plant and turning brown at tips of leaves. Complete newbie. Thanks

2. Pictures please

3. I don’t know how to upload photos from my album to this forum. First day on this forum.

4. Just figured it out.

Attached Files:

5. I'm not an expert but I'll just say the soil looks odd to me and you might have a miss with watering. How far away are your lights and what kind

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The bottom round leaves dying of now is normal. The tips look slightly burnt, are you adding nutes already? The first set are the ones that look worrying, but new growth looks fine so I wouldn't worry.
    Give some details on your grow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I probably need more details about your grow but I suggest dialing back your nutes. I wouldn't worry too much though your new growth looks fantastic

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Imo, that medium looks way off. I can't tell if it's a coco mix or some sort of weird soil. Definitely need much more info on what you're using for a medium, lights, ph and nutes. :)

9. Lights are 3 ft away. Growing in coir coco fiber. Watering when medium feels light or dry.

10. Am growing outside during days and inside during evening to get 18 hrs light and 6 hrs dark. Putting Canna A and B at 10 ml each in one gallon of water guy at store said okay to mix together.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lights are regular fluorescent inside and direct sunlight daytime. Growing in coir. pHmeter says the mix of Canna A and B are at 6.5 pH. I move them in and out.

12. Thanks for all the input to all of you . Would you let me know if Canna A and B is the best choice for this coir grow? If not what other recommendations could you all make.

13. Coco is considered a form of hydroponics. It should be watered to runoff daily with light nutes ph between 5.8-6.2 . Increase nutes as plant gets larger and cal mag should be a regular addition too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thank you for the information, I will start today with that.

15. So is 10 ml per gallon per Canna A and B fertilizer enough for now to feed that size plant? I have them in 3 gallon smart pots right now. Should I have put them in 1 gallon to begin with and then transplanted them to 3 gallons?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hello I am a complete newbie grower. My plants leaves are turning yellow on the bottom and curling. I am growing in coir. Using Canna A and B 10 ml per gallon. Pots are smart pots 3 gallon containers. Lights are fluorescent and about 2.5 ft from tops of plant. Watering every other day or when the pot feels dry or light. Tops of the plants look good with new growth coming in fine.

17. What type of Fluorescent? Cfls? T5? 2..5 feet is pretty far away for fluorescent. I'm not a coco grower. I only. Grow soil. But, have researched it somewhat and know a little of the basics. If your new growth looks good, you should be fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thanks. I hate to admit it but don’t know the type of fluorescent bulb. I will lower it.

19. Post a pic of your setup.