leaves turning yellow in flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by piffington1, Oct 27, 2010.

1. my flowering stage is about 4 weeks in and the bud are looking fine, but for some reason some of my leaves on plants are turning yellow (and not the ones on the bottom). Temp is good, I use nutrients to help balance pH and support the plants, and they are getting 350-400ml every other day, in soil (5 gallon pots).They are under HPS lights that are 1 meter above the tops. Any explanations???

I am growing a variety so its hard to say about the strain but idk....

2. The plant will use all the nutrients and energy from the sun leaves so it's normal for the fan leaves to yellow during flowering. BUT, if you have a Nitrogen deficency the leaves will yellow also. I learned that the hard way. I gave my plants no N during flowering and the fan leaves yellowd and fell off.

3. couldnt have said it better

4. what these blades said...i give my ladies a little nit. every other week during flower..are you using molassas during flower...adds carbs to plants during flower..you think they look bad now..wait till harvest:D..good luck:smoke:

5. thanks for the insight, i'll check on the N and let you know.

6. Are you monitoring your ph? Sounds like it could be over watering (I wouldnt think you would have to water 5 gallon pots ever other day with normal temps)

In my last grow I wasnt close to that pot size and my temps were hot and I still watered every 3 days.

Just some food for thought