Leaves Turning Light Green

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by humboldttrain, Mar 25, 2009.

1. I have just placed my plants in my greenhouse and after a week they are starting to show signs of discoloration. This is my first time growing outdoors and well, I have never had plants do this to tell you the truth. They are slowly turning a neon green?
    Does anyone happen to know what this could be. Everyone I talk to says it is most likely lack of Nitrogen...,.but I would like to get imput from other more experienced growers.
    Peace!

2. starting from the top or bottom? could a be pH issue. if your ph is way off the plants will get nute lock-out and start to turn yellow. get a cheap pH test kit from walmart/lowes/home depot for $5 and test the pH of the run-off water next time you water.

thats where i would start

3. It seemed to start from the bottom and worked it way up. Now it seems that all new growth is light green. My Ph reading on the soil is just over 6. My water source has a Ph of 7.12....???

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      86.9 KB
      Views:
  4. #4 Legalize.Me, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    your pH is fine. could be a nitrogen deficiency. what type of soil are you using? and have you given it any nutes? also, how old is it?

if not, i would recommend the FoxFarm 3 pack. GrowBig, BigBloom & TigerBloom. i had a similar problem and FF took care of it immediately. I also use SuperThrive which seemed to help a lot too.

your plant looks good other than the slight yellowing, and its not bad at all. it may just be telling you its time to start feeding.