leaves pointing upward

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by aguywitourettes, May 18, 2011.

1. ok so im growing a few silver haze with a spectre 180W led. my temp is at about 88 consistently, cant seem to get it below that. my plants are stocky and thick and im happy with their size after two weeks. i burned her with nutes a little about a week ago but the entire grow the leaves seem to be growing verically like the picture of the seedling. there also "tacoing" a bit as well. all of my new growth (after my topping) is coming in great i just dont know why my plants are growing veritcally and curling up? i heard it might be heat stress but would upper 80's temps do that? if this is in fact the problem how do i lower the temps? ive already got a large fan always blowing air onto it. whats my next move?!?!?!

Attached Files:

2. #2 MiMedical420, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    Just open the door to the room and the window have the fan blowing over top of plants toward out of the door , get another ocilating fan to move air around the room that will cool it down also a little 4 in blowing over the middle ocilating

They are also praying for water if the leaves are pointing up

They all look healthy though the little one leaves will point up just at the beginning it looks like it's stretching out light closer

3. ok so more fans, check. and im using ffof with some smart pots (which allow more oxygen to the media) which explains them drying up faster. So ill start watering a little more? thanks for the advice!

4. They look seriously underwatered, as Medical mentioned. Be sure to water slowly, letting it soak through the soil to the bottom. You should try removing a plant from its pot after watering normally (as you have been), just to see how the soil looks and how far down you've been wetting it. Always remove plants carefully and in dim light. Some soil mixes almost seem oily in the way they have trouble soaking up water. If your current soil turns out to be difficult to water properly, a new mix could of course help next time.

5. Could very well be heat stress as well and or under watered. the plants are young so i doubt that its calcium deficiency but leafs canoe and curl when lacking that as well.

6. You have burnt tips as well.... definitely heat stress ....raise the light a bit...get some fans...open the door...gotta do something or she will suffer.

7. how much water/ strength of nutes should i be using at this point? there in 1 gal pots, and im using FFoF soil with: big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom, microbrew, open sesame, beastie blooms, cha ching (for flowering) and florakleen for flushing.

8. #8 MiMedical420, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Use grow big now according to chart 2 tsp per gallon veg them until 3 feet tall then flower look at chart u may use tiger also now I use AV so it's a lil dif, me personally would add 1 tsp of micro, tiger, grow, n big to ea gallon and water when thoroughly dry unless hydro or cocoa then look up water regiment

9. alright thanks for the help!

10. from what ive read its something todo with the water not being able to be sucked up through the roots fast enough and its being sucked outa the leafs by the heat thats why they curl to catch water if it rains which it wont.

11. so maybe i packed my soil to tight in my smart pot..... come to think of it that is a probable cause to my problem. i remember making sure the soil was very even and i might have packed it to tight.