leaves not looking good

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by goldenbrown, May 7, 2013.

1. Hello everyone Iv got some deficiency issues... my lower leaves and middle leaves mainly the fans are discoloring! I am growing with a drip feed in cocoa with an ec of 1.3 right now with hesi cocoa bloom,powerzyme,supervit and also adding cal/mag supp and using a bio balancer (good bacteria) ,also keep it clean(same stuff as drip clean)...

Im starting the 3rd week of flower and have been hand feeding once a week to get a good run off and drip feeding 2 or 3 times a day with no run off the rest of the week...

Attached Files:

2. You should be checking that PH run-off, you'll find your answer there.

3. My ph run off is 5.5...it goes in at 5.7 to 6 usually??????

4. 6-7 ph optimal for cocoa I believe

5. Im preety sure its 5.5 to 6ish with 5.8 being optimal

6. I am starting to think after checking lots of deficiency pics ect and other posts that maybe its nitrogen deficiency???? Iv never had this before so maybe i should up my feed and add some grow with my bloom??

7. i'm probably wrong. i'm still a newb myself. mmman will save the day.

8. You right, 5.8 is best to absorb P and Mg, which your plants are minuscule lacking. Build the PH to 5.8 and the Cal/Mag will be better absorbed. At 5.5 you'll sometimes get these minor issues like you're facing.

9. mmman should I feed with aph of 6 from now on as to bring the run off values up????

10. That's difficult to say, based on variables for different growers that use different ingredients, but if you'll check the run-off each time you'll stay on track. That's why I rarely add nutes to PH water. I run the PH water through the plant first, then in a few days I add nutes as need with little to no run-off, then check run-off again next watering.