Leaves losing color... is this a problem?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Calamity B, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Hi guys, I'm a first time grower and I have 2 plants that are budding right now, and 11 sprouts. The 2 that are budding I think are getting close to harvest time. I am noticing that their leaves are losing color. Is this because the plant is focusing energy into the buds? Or is it a nute problem? The buds are still green and plump, so they still look good. I want to make sure I don't do the wrong thing with my sprouts if this is a problem or disease. Maybe it's normal? Also, when exactly is the right time to harvest? On one of the plants, the hairs are already orange. Unfortunately I haven't been the best at keeping an exact timeline. Any suggestions? I know I will get better at this the more I learn and try, but I kind of want this first go around to be a successful one :)
    Thank you!

2. Yellowing is normal in the latter part of flowering, but hard to say if you have some other problem without a picture... :p

Here's some good info on when/how to harvest. My advice is to get yourself a jeweler's loupe of at least 30x of more (I like 40x myself). The Radio Shack microscope is cheap and good, but little difficult to use - especially for new comers. Ebay has loupes for very cheap. Beware than many ship from Hong Kong - those can take several weeks to deliver, choose a US company (just pay the extra for shipping) since you are so close to harvest. Good luck!

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/424138-simple-harvest-cure-step-step.html

3. Awesome! Thank you Ed. Sorry, I should've posted pics, I was in a hurry and on my way out when I posted. Thanks for the link! ;)

Grasscity Deals Near You