Leaves Growing Between Nodes?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by steveclarkrebor, May 19, 2013.

1. #1 steveclarkrebor, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
    Let me start by saying that this is the first time I have attempted growing. I have a plant that is about a month old, so I have been looking for signs of sex in the node regions. Recently I have noticed more leaves and stems are growing between the nodes and I am still not seeing any signs of sex.

Is this normal? Or does it tell anything about how far it is into the vegatative state? 

Basically, what I really want to know is if there is any information that can be drawn from the fact that leaves have started growing between the nodes?

2. if u can upload a pic that would be more helpful. have u switched to 12/12?

3. I have pics, but the are such low quality that they aren't worth putting up really. I haven't swtiched to 12/12 yet. It is only 7 inches tall, so its not ready to bud yet.

4. check out this thread. it should help a bit. it's probably just secondary growth.

5. i am also seeing this in my plants. im only about 3 weeks into it and have topped them when i saw the fourth set of leaves comming through. not only is there growth where i topped them but at each branch on the nodes. will these turn into more bud producing stems? or just stay leaves.. this is my first time grow as well. i figured id let it grow some more and maybe top once more then switch to 12/12 at the end of the second month. they dont seem to be growing tall as much for the nodes are tight and close together.