Leaves gradually curling in, yellowing..please look?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zipper09, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Hi,
    just recently got my clones going a couple days ago. I'm running a drip system hydrponics and have noticed a few of the leaves turning yellow and sort of curling inward and sort of crispy to the touch? Am I not watering enough? I'm currently running them 15 min on and 2 hours off. I'm running GH series nutes and following the schedule to a tee.... Do I need to have less nutes? I'm running a 10 gallon res with 25 ml of each nute for the res. What is going on it's driving me nuttzzz? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. take some pictures. it sounds like they are getting too hot.

3. [​IMG]

I dont think its temp, cuz my room is always abouty 72 deg. I just changed out my rez. earlier today and refilled with RO water and PH'd to 5.7. Maybe they just havnt adjusted yet? Man..... Any help would be greeeeeaaaat! Thanks in advance!

4. #10 zipper09, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    I'm also running a 400w MH about 30 inches above the clones. Do i need to move that farther away? Im really thinking its my water schedule as the hydroton may be drying out and the roots may be drying out as well? Not to sure..........

5. id like to see some info on this issue as well. dealin with the same shit

6. Does anyone have some suggestions for me?

7. I'm assuming the clones were rooted when you put them into this system yes? If it's only been a few days since you got them going, what's your ppm at?

I only ask because it looks like a slight bit of nutrient burn. There's also some slight heat stress here and there and a small sign of nitrogen toxicity.

Depending on your plants root mass and ppm of water in the drip system. I think there's 2 or so options that would solve everything.

1. If ppm is slightly too high and your feeding schedule is correct, your action would be to lower your ppm.

2. If ppm is correct but feeding schedule is to frequent, increase hours between each 15 minute run time.

3rd option. 30 inches seems a bit far for a 400 watt. Bare in mind I'm in a cold climate, my 400 watt is less than 12 inches from 5 vegging plants. I would recommend doing this ALONG with option 2 if your ventilation and heat can be managed.

Keep us updated!

8. Hydroton retains alot of water. It may look dry on the outside but sure enough there is still water hiding inside.

If anything I really think your trying your hardest to nurture these plants. You've done your part, let the ladies prove themselves. I really think a less frequent water schedule is exactly what's needed. But to the exact numbers I can not tell you. I would just increase the intervals between feeding until the plants show signs of better health.

9. PPM is right at 505. Thanks for all the info, I will keep you posted!

10. get you ph up to 6.2-6.7 range. move your light as close to your plants as possible. add more nitrogen for the yellowing. as for the leaf curl i think you need to water more frequently for up curl and less frequently for downcurl

11. i wuz able to fix this problem with pH to 6.5. w/DWC id say 6.0. try to adjust your pH and after a couple dayz review the status.

12. Thanks for all the help! They have been coming along nicely! I started a journal if you want to check it out!

13. whats the PH at? kinda looks like ph burn to me

14. Thanks for the reply Kush! These photos are from a month ago. They have come out of that funk nicely! Check out my journal if you get a chance!