leaves dying.!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FahkingStoned, Sep 13, 2012.

1. At first I thought it was just normal but there are a lot of leaves dying off now. Is this anything to worry about or should I just pluck them off as usual when they are about 70% dead so they don't slow bud growth down.? Don't want to fail this far in ehh.

Attached Files:

2. If this is starting at the tips and spreading up the leaves and it is starting at the bottom of the plant it could well be a Nitrogen deficiency.
    What nutes are you currently using?

3. Well I'm using a not really well known nutrient. It's meant to be pushed into the soil and it drips for 30 days but I started with 1ml in a litre of water and now I'm on 3 1/2 ml to a litre which I just started today n that's the most il be using. it's meant for flowering and the npk is 4/20/10. I'm guessing il need to use a bit less and mix a more N dominant nute in.?

4. Anyone.? I need help whether to just leave it or not

5. That is almost certainly the issue then as nutes that are specifically designed for flowering tend to contain very little nitrogen. Ramp the N up a little at a time and it should resolve that for you.

6. [quote name='"DeafGeoff"']That is almost certainly the issue then as nutes that are specifically designed for flowering tend to contain very little nitrogen. Ramp the N up a little at a time and it should resolve that for you.[/quote]

Magnesium? One leaf has dry edges suggesting calcium def. Some nutrients don't have enough cal or mg for fast growing cannabis especially during flowering which is when I have had deficiency. Low pH makes cal and mg less available.

7. YOu just figured out your own problem. You need to get some nutes something like one thats geared towards Cannabis would be easiest since there so many out there. You need to PH balance your water.

Remove that nute your using.

The yellowing happens when theres a lack of something and if you notice its working its way up because its basically utilizing whats stored in it.

And yes you should be worried when you have one or two leaves not so much a issue but when its widespread it means your doing something fundamentally wrong.

But if your close to harvest then who cares just ride it out.

8. I dont have the thing stuck in the soil. I measure it out then tip it into my water for more control. I have a very N dominant nutrient for veg if I were to use say 1 1/2 ml flowering then add 0.5ml of veg nute and work it up every so often would that help. Also if I were to get Epsom salts and add to the water also will that harm it if It turns out its not a cal/mag deficiency.? It has about 5 weeks left give or take. kinda scared now

9. u do not want to give it any N at all half way through flowering. that looks like N deficient to me and seems like ur quiet a few weeks into flowering so I wouldnt worry

10. my advanced nutrients sensi bloom has N in it, it's okay to give some N...just don't give it pure veg nutes

11. Problem solved. Just pulled em off.

Attached Files:

12. Okay, so its been a while and it's happening again.! It looks like its starting from the jagged edges on 2-3 of them, that mean anything? Since I pulled 7-8 leaves of last time my pistils have been changing amber and its a bit early, I've read you can shock your plant and it try's to speed up the process by a week or two as its under stress and needs to finish. This true? I fear if I don't do something about the leaves soon it may die, it's slowly spreading upwards.!

13. Ok you have definately got an issue here. What is your soil and runoff PH. It could well just be nute burn so flushing may be an idea but find out what your PH is first.

14. It looks like N deficiency to me. The older fan leaves would be affected first and would slowly start turning yellow, thats because the plant is starving for N and so it is cannibalizing those leaves to create new growth at the growth tips.

15. Hmmm... Can nute burn look like that.? i did just up the nutes a little bit before it started happening...

Attached Files:

16. sometimes near end of harvest time, you want the leave to do that from the bottom up after you flush. it means the plant is using up the last of its reserves in the fan leafage. this in turn should help to get any nutrient taste out of your smoke. me thinks

17. Could it be possible that it will be ready sooner than I think and its just that natural stage?

Attached Files:

18. Exactly solosimpson.! The sensi seeds website says that it takes 45-50 days and it will be 50 days in 6 days. I've had people on this tell me it has 5 weeks left I think maby 3. should I start flushing in a week or two?

19. I take the time frame when a breader says they will be done as an estimate. That may be the time frame the breader achieved but thats under their grow conditions, soil, nutes, lights and etc...