Leaves dying but new ones growing, help!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by foolcoolguy, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Well, as some of you may know I am growing my own dro seed, and I was given a clone of some mango kush. Anyways, my dro seed is growing up nicely for my first grow (like 3 inches last I checked) over from like 5 days in the dirt. The mango kush on the other hand, I had it in the dirt one day, and I think between the transfer from my friends house to my house it had 24 hours of sun one day. Then I put it onto my 18/6 that I have my other one one. It seems to be sprouting new leaves by the bud at the top, but the two leaves it has, one is dead, and the other is dying. I sprayed them with some water, and put a little water in its pot yesterday. I won't be too pissed if it dies, but is there anything I can do?

2. A Few thoughts:

-I'm a little confused. Are you growing Hydro or Soil?

-It is normal for the older leaves on clones to yellow and die. As long as the new growth looks healthy the plant is doing fine. I usually pluck the nasty leaves once they are about 50% dead.

-Extra light (the 24 hours of sunlight) will not hurt a plant that is in Grow/Vege cycle. Too few hours of light can screw things up (less than 16-18), but there is no such thing as too many.

- Its super easy to over-water and damage the plant. Make a point of only watering when the soil is very dry and the leaves have started to droop just a bit. With practice you'll be able to tell by picking a pot up and judging its weight as the indicator for watering.