Leaves dying 6 weeks into flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MaDKroniK, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Growing in a bubble bucket.

It's a hermi but I chose to grow it out because its my first grow and I would like to get something out of my first time.

Anyways, is it normal for leaves to die off in later stages of flower? Harvest is on the 25th this month but in the last week or so I've been noticing perfectly good leaves dying off. It isn't taking over the whole plant but I do remove at least 1-2 every couple days. Small ones nothing that would scare me.

Is this normal? Is this something that happens because its coming to an end with it's life cycle? Just curious and it would be helpful to know in future grows. :)

2. Yeah it's pretty normal. A picture might tell us for sure. I believe it happens because it's coming to the end of it's life cycle like you said and is starting to use up nutrients stored in the leaves. You want to start flushing about 2 weeks before harvest so your bud is nute free and more pleasant to smoke. Try adding some unsulphered molasses to your next watering too. About 1 tbs per gallon.