Leaves drying out and parts are dying pics included

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by boomer2800, Jul 12, 2019.

1. So I noticed some of my leaves have been changing and dying off. I am only 3 weeks into flower. Runoff ppm is 1200. Runoff ph is 5.8. Growing in sunshine advanced #4 using advanced nutrients ph perfect. Ph going in is always 5.4-5.6 after mixing nutrients. Using ro water.

I haven’t always been giving them a lot of cal mag and I have been only feeding them around half of what advanced nutrients recommends.

Is this a phosphorous deficiency? Pretty much all of the tops and parts closest to the lights are fine. It’s just like some of the leaves in the middle?

Few pics included

Attached Files:

2. #2 Chefboyardee, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Maybe i should more carefully read before posting my bad

3. Looks a lot like nitrogen toxicity to me; dark, shiny leaves with the clawing at the tips. Why are your pH levels so low? You need to get them much higher than that, especially now that you're in flower.

4. What growing medium? Possibly nitrogen toxicity, locking out potassium. The damage looks like early potassium deficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I am growing in sunshine advanced mix 4

6. I am using the advanced nutrients ph perfect

7. Not quite sure what to do

Attached Files:

8. Raise the pH levels and lower your nute doses. 1200 ppm seems high. That Advanced Nutrients "pH Perfect" doesn't seem to be doing its job if it keeps lowering it that much.

9. According to them as long as it’s between like 5.5-5.8 it’s fine. What would you suggest it be for growing in sunshine mix 4? Should I add ph up after all the nutrients are mixed ?

10. 5.5 - 5.8 pH is good when the plants are in the early stages of veg. As they go into flower, certain nutrients are absorbed easier by the plant at a higher pH level. You can try to raise the pH after mixing the nutes, but If Advanced Nutrients maintain the pH low no matter what you do, then I'm not sure what you can do. At least for now try to lower your ppm. That's a pretty advanced case of nitrogen toxicity.

11. Yeah I just ran a few gallons of ro through one of the 3 gallon pots this morning and runoff ph was 5.8 and runoff ppm was 1600. I am just giving them water today, I am going to try to get back to feeding lightly next time and adjust the ph a little higher

12. #12 boomer2800, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Also how high would you recommend trying to get the ph? It usually ends up at 5.3 after
    Mixing nutrients and I add tap water to get it a little higher at like 5.5. And any tips on best way to fix it?

13. Are you in soil or coco? If in soil your pH needs to roughly be between 6.0 and 6.9. If in hydro/coco, at this stage, it's recommended between 6.0 and 6.5. Normally the soil would adjust its own pH, but since you're using A.N.'s "pH Perfect" nutes, I don't know what's going on in there lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ok check this out I did a little experiment and I think your right it’s all ph. I took two buckets of water and put 3 gallons of water into each one.

Left bucket before mix - 2 gallons ro 1 gallon tap - 150 ppm

Right bucket before mix - 3 gallons ro 0 gallon tap - 20 ppm

I then added the following nutrients.

15 ml cal mag

20 ml Sensi grow a

20 ml Sensi grow b

10 ml bud candy

10 ml big bud

Then I checked the ph and ppm of each bucket

Left bucket after mix - 800 - 6.02 ph

Right bucket after mix - 740 - 5.4 ph

It seems my ro is like too clean or something for the advanced nutrients, and when I mix cut it with tap water the ph falls where it is suppose too.

15. I am using sunshine advanced mix #4. It’s a peat coco perlite

16. That's a very interesting experiment. Normally RO water is recommended in hydro/coco because it's like a clean palette to begin with. 20 ppm sounds like a perfect start. Mine usually starts between 4-6. It's usually recommended to start with a ppm below 100. However, in your case, adding a gallon of tap water seems to help keep the pH at 6.0, which is good. Good idea on cutting back on the ppm's. By mid flower it's always a good idea to start lowering the ppm doses a bit at a time anyway.

17. Hey man, why you still using grow, you should be using bloom now which is why you probably have to much N and not enough P/K

18. I am haha my bad I just typed it in wrong

19. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app