Leaves dropping and browning on edges

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Spenser, Nov 10, 2018.

1. #1 Spenser, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Hey everyone

I hope I can get some help I am new to growing and my plants were doing good but now I have noticed some dropping / curling of the leaves and browning on the edges what could be the issue and solution ?

I am growing in coco , using a 150w LED and a 105w CFL , watering 30ml of water every morning ( water runs out the bottom after 30ml )

2. 866DEADC-C160-439F-ACBF-F78CD08DB1FB.jpeg 8EC1C0B2-28DB-41BB-A558-7EFE0D65D463.jpeg E96F5CE1-7357-499B-B970-6F2B6F95A4D6.jpeg
    I don’t know if this is any better ?

3. What is your pH going in and coming out, and ppm's? What coco are you using and was it buffered or did you pre-charge yourself? Next time add 30% perlite to your coco. Welcome to GC. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Many new growers hear all the rave about coco and jump right in. This causes problems everytime. It’s a really simple medium to grow in, but like all of them, it has to be prepared right. I’m interested to know what kind of coco you used too. If it’s not pre rinsed and buffered, it could be salty and burning your seedlings. I’ve rinsed 3000 ppms of salt out of fresh coco bricks. That would kill any plant not suited for an oceanic environment.

Coco alone hold water rather well, so Perlite is needed. 30-50%. This allows you to feed more, and with each feed, you are supplying fresh nutrients, and oxygen to the roots.

You will want to feed 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes. Less is more here

Welcome to GC and good luck!!

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal