Leaves drooping on all plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nickylo, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Hey guys. Ive been growing 4 plants inbetween a month and 5 weeks. They are growing in regular no name potting soil. The nutrients which I first gave them a extremely small dose of on saturday morning is 24-18-14 Miracle Grow which was diluted half dose into a gallon of water. The lights are 2 60 watt flourencent tubes, 3 cfl 60 watt lights, and a regular white light bulb for some heat.

Now onto the problem. the plants were absolutly awesome until this morning when all of the leaves on all of the plants are drooping. they havent been over watered ive made sure not to be. and also the stems on the leaves are begining to turn from green to more of a brown color. Any help or input is apprecitated.

the picture is trying to show the biggest on of the leaves on the left side drooping towards the ground.

2. hope the picture shows up

Attached Files:

3. Drooping leaves usually mean under or over watering. If you've been watering regularly, you've probably over watered. If that's the case, you need to let them dry out ASAP.

4. #4 KittensOnPCP, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    They've got some minor droop, which is usually caused by over/under watering like chunkdaddyo said. You can correct this by allowing your soil to dry out a bit before watering again. You can use the method of sticking a finger 1 inch deep into the soil and seeing if it is moist or dry, if it is moist, allow another day and check again. When you water your plants, water them fairly slow so that as soon as water starts to come out of the bottom of the pots, you can stop watering. Don't apply your nutrients too much, as long as they aren't getting any nutrient burn you can start to up the amount you give them, but at the first sign of burning, don't exceed the amount you're using.
    Hope that helps, and good luck with the grow!
    BTW - i'm not sure what causes the browning/reddening of the stem, but if I had to guess, i'd say it would be from the nutrients, however they should still be fine. I've had several plants that developed reddened stems that were perfectly healthy other than some minor nutrient burn.

5. alright guys thanks, dont really know if over watering or nutrients is the issue but ill give it a few days before i do anything else to them.

6. Minor droop is okay, but make sure not to let them sag too much or they will NOT do well. Holla

7. hey this is pictures i took today more of what is goin on with this plant haha

pictures of the drooping and the red/brown/purple of the stems of the leaves. any comments or suggestions are awesome

Attached Files:

8. Water that plant. Everyone here is on the overwatering kick, to the point where people are underwatering out of fear. Even I fell prey to it.
    One last thing, the finger in the soil doesn't work, pick it up, if it's at all light, water it. If it feels like a brick, then don't.

9. The purple of the stems and leaves could be too low temperature and it could be Nutrient burn. Try a different fertilizer. Miracle Gro is notorious for burning plants.