Leaves drooping help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Krazysmoker, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Hi people I'm having a few issues at the minute my electric has been bugging out the past few days, and it's really cold on a night checked them this morning, and the first leaves are drooping I'm using coco no nutrients added yet, I'm using ro water with 20% tap water and adjusted ph of 5.8.

Attached Files:

2. Your keeping to wet...Water... Let dry for 3 to 4 days at least till water again good luck BUDdy

3. And that's not Coco you have them in potting soil it looks like to me.... pH 5.8 to low ... Potting soil is 6.3-6.8 cover the whole board with pH and 6-7 is what I do I'm not that technical.... But 5.8 to low if that potting soil

4. Or shit is that the new Coco they have

5. Looks like soil but maybe not just check make sure you know for sure good luck BUDdy

6. It's canna coco with 20% perlite mate that's why I don't let it all dry out

7. Iv been letting the first few inches of the coco dry out a bit, I do have very low humidity too.

8. OK yep but still your keeping to wet the plant showing with the drooping....I tell you what only other thing You can check is the pH of your runoff water.... Collect some check the pH of it and see what it is

9. At least 15% 20%. If so then that fine... Still think to wet if pH run off not to low

10. I was feeding in un ph'd water at the start because I couldn't ph the ro water, I will hold back on the feedings for a start

11. The drooping only means one thing when it's that droop... Over watering....

It was limp would be under watering but it isn't limp just droopy....I promise cut back on water if pH run off fine

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'll try that then, Thanks for the help bud was worrying

13. No problem... pH key in hydro and soilless mixes.... It to early for feeding to much other than quarter strength...

I know sometimes the RO guys have trouble with salt build up or something,, to be honest I don't remember as I just let my ph7 city water set out over 24hrs.... But they was sheets
    Always worried about something when using RO...

14. I had plant recently show signs over watering too and I know I wasn't, was doing same thing as usual but only one thing different...

I made my soil mix with to much compost and not enough perlite.... Was in hurry was only two, but the soil was holding water to good....I love Alot perlite for that reason especially the big and chunky

15. My tap water is way to hard to use 500-600 ppm aren't you more likely to get a salt build up when you have a higher ppm/ec, also it was hella hard to try to get the right ppm when using nutrients.

16. Yes I wasn't saying use tap water, mine perfect to use....I was just saying look up the one issue that comes with using RO water... May not be an issue just something you have remember like flush every so many weeks or let sit or something I forget what it is but it something lol... Good luck BUDdy

• Like Like x 2
  17. Your drooping problem is definitely because the medium is too wet. Wait until it drys a bit. How old are they and how did you prepare your coco? It is totally inert and should be charged with 1/4 strength nute solution or at least charged with cal/mag. I'm seeing a slight yellowing of the leaves which tells me it needs something, and 5.8 pH is a bit low in my opinion - calcium and magnesium are more available to the plant at 6.0 or a little higher. I always get a deficiency at 5.8.

18. Hi Mick they are 1 week and 5 days, I have pre washed canna coco I only ran ro water threw it to wash the media then added 20% perlite.
    Some of the small round first leafs are slightly turning yellow, and I'm only using ro with 20% tap water 150 ppm do I need to add nutrients, I waited longer last time with no probs but every strain is diffrent

19. If you didn't feed them this early last time and everything worked out ok then stay with what works for you. I just like to start feeding low amounts from the beginning. I feel they are growing a little slow for almost 2 weeks but that could be from the overwatering. The pic is at 2 weeks old.

2 weeks.JPG

20. Iv had some problems with my electrics in my house and cold temps on a night, so I'm just working threw that I think I will start adding low nutrients as I usually wait for them round leaves to start to change colour, I'm using ro this time so I might have to add sooner.