Leaves drooping but... (pic)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by YourGod11, Mar 11, 2006.

1. My leaves are drooping but it doesn't seem like it's overwatering because the top inch is bone dry. I have been using Miracle-Gro soil which I heard causing drooping so I figured that's what it might be. On that note, is there anything I can do to stop it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/yourgod11/DSC00051.jpg

2. Ya ur light might be to close!!!:smoke: try putting ur light bacl a little!

3. i don't think the lights are too far away, move them closer, those r turning into beanstalks. Flouros don't put out a lot of heat so you can put them really close

4. those pots are going to get small by the time yiou are done also you should repot into somthing bigger or atleast get a little more soil in thereunder the plant (hard to do, just repot) are those 10" pots?

5. Yeah I believe they are 10 inches. Light seems to be ok, any other suggestions besides repotting?

6. if you can touch the light for a while without burning your finger you can move those lights about and inch above the plants, keep an eye on their growth though if they are touching the light they will burn i am also growing in 10 inch pots right now but mine are full up with soil if your plants need to stay reletivly small than those should be fine

what day are they at?

7. i can't think of any repotting alternatives right now:smoke:

8. Crap so no idea why they're drooping? Is it ok that they droop?

9. i think it is ok any ways, my oldest plant droops and so far i am not too worried about it.

10. That's good to hear. So it won't affect the yield or the potency of the buds, right?

11. naww i doubt it just keep them lights close and that thing will fill out nicely

12. Will do, thanks for the help Themoodboy :D

13. Sounds like underwatering... Some people use this as a way to know when to water. Water her and she shall recover.

thc101

edit: yes, repot also...

14. Your going to have to repot. Or your roots will tangel and your plants will die. You should have them all in thier own 12" pot or 5gal bucket. There is no alturnative. Try repoting with out the pre-fert soil. Merical-grow is crapy. Also I would add a few lighs and move them closer. Check the soil everyday and if it's dry water, if it's damp leave it.

15. Yeah the soil was dry, I didn't want to water in case it was another reason. I will water them more, guess they're not used to being under this much light.

Also, do you think it's a good idea to move the plants right to a different soil? Probably has different pH, maybe at least a mix of the miracle gro soil and the potting soil? Don't want to shock the plant. What do you think? Oh, and I will buy the new pots tomorrow :D

16. Your problem with repot won't be the ph, it will be fert. Are you using fert ontop of the miracle gro? If you are they don't looked like you are over fering them. I would try moving them into a mix and lever some of the miracle gro on the roots. Then in about a month re-pot again. Your going to have to watch them closely for fert burn and any under ferting issues. http://www.1stmarijuanagrowerspage.com/how-to-grow-marijuana.html this is my fav site for growing info. Read the soil section [6] and the nut and fert section [9]. If you need help you can PM me at anytime. I try to log on everyday when I can. Good luck to you.

17. No, I bought some fert (12-10-10) but the helpful members on the boards have said not to use ferts if you're using mg soil. so I refrained, especially since the leaves were drooping. I will try and make a mix when I go and buy new equipment tomorrow and use it in the new pot. They're little pellets, any idea approx. how many to use per plant and how often?

That's a great source for info, I will read it all, thank you!

18. How old are your plants? Don't use fert with the soil you are useing. You should be able to find info on how to mix the fert you have. If not on the fert it self on the companys web site or from the store you got it. Start it out at 1/4 strength then next time you fert go to 1/2 strength. Don't go more than that until the merical grow is out of the soil. Then up it to 3/4 then full every time you fert. This should keep your plants from getting fert burn. Keep a close watch on them. if they start getting brown spots or the tips start yellowing after you start the fert stop ferting until the the leaves get better. If you have fert burn the whole leaves will start turning yellow. Then you will have to flush the soil. Lets just hope it dosen't go there. It shouldn't but plants are all diffrent.

19. The plants are about 3 weeks old. I figure I will move the plants to the new pots tomorrow, gauge how they react for 2-3 days, and then begin the 1/4 strength dosage. Sound good or should I wait a little longer. They seem to be a little small for their age, but this isn't exactly a pro operation, hehe ;)

20. :smoke: