leaves drooping..any advise

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by b2r0i0m5, Jan 21, 2008.

1. So my sprouts are about 6 days old..... half of them are lookin decent but the other half are kinda droopy..
    the leaves are pointing downward and not really flat....kinda got a canoe type deal going on

ill post pictures but in the meantime anyone have a idea of whats wrong
    overwatering?

also theres some whte stuff forming on the top of soil and i posted about it before....
    people said its maybe deposits from the water but i personally think its mould.

i dont know how it can be mould....

i have the grow space in a closet in the attic and i got a bigger fan blow air upward and i have the door cracked maybe 4-5 inches...

wouldnt this be enough air circulation to flush new air out?

if anyone has any info for me it would be great

its about 76 degrees steadly in there and i humidity is stuck around 21-23%

ill post pics but any clues?

2. The drooping at this stage is probably due to overwatering. Just relax on your watering schedule and watch the soil for a few days. PH could also be an issue here but honestly its most likely just the overwatering they dont need too much. As for the "mold" looking thing on top of the soil I'd need to see some pics to help you identify it.

3. aight cool dude...its my roommates digy camera and he aint here right now

i gotat work in 2 hours so ill post the pics 2nite after work

in the mean time my order of Fox Farm grow big and Tiger bloom just arrived

my sprouts are gonna be a week old tomorrow should i wait another week to apply the grow big or couldnt i even start using it now cause correct me if im wrong its organic so the sooner the better

and to make a good PH lvl of about 6.5-6.6.......i noticed tap water is about 7.6 or higher and distilled is about 6.0 so i mix them carefully and water is usually 6.6 after that....i just mix into into a big ol cup i have...but i have a empty gallon of distilled now so im gonna make the water mix into that..then put the ferts in the empty gallon

if its cool to start this application next water..... should i do half strength...bottel says 1 teaspoon per , so could i per 1/2 tspn into the gallon and water my lil babies with the jug.......

doesnt hydrogen peroxide kill mould...i really think its mould so next water im gonna flush with ph water and last flush use hyrogen peroxide in the mix

thanks

pics up soon

4. the peroxide will help oxygenate the roots as well. its especially helpful if you think there has been overwatering problems.

5. will the hydro peroxide help with my mould problem?

also how much should i use
    not that much i assume.

not only too much watering causing mould but wouldnt poor air ventilation help cause that also

6. yeah, poor air circulation/high humidity can cause more mould issues. id use about a 1/4 cup per gallon of water for the peroxide. id recommend, seeing about getting an extraction fan/exhaust in asap. or at least a fan to help with the soggy water problems. you need to act soon, or you're going to loose them. if the ould gets to your plants, you might have a serious problem

7. should i take a fan and put in the doorway drawin air out of the room

8. at the very least, do that. try to have the fan set up in a high location of the room, drawing out the hot, humid and stale air out from the area.

but realistically, you want to have the fan at the highest point of the room, directly sucking the air out of the area into another area.

9. ok in the closet i got a big fan blowin towards the ceiling and also have a smaller one blowing on the plants

i have the door open maybe 10"-12" and at the bottom of the door is another bigger fan blowin outward sucking air out

they are decent size fans circulating the air insane and the one sucking out

think this will help me out

and can i start using my fox farm grow big

10. i wouldnt start using your veg nutes quite yet. i normally dont start any nutes whatsoever growing from seed, till about 14 days. usually up until that point there usually is enough nutes in general tap water to hold them over and feed them.

at 14 days, id give them a half strength does of your nutes for your first feeding. after that, as long as your plants are healthy. you can go to moderate/full strength then after.

11. appreciate it man

12. is there such thing as light being too close

a couple of my sprouts are about 1-1.5 inches from the bulb

2 of the 7 look pretty droopy....

just wonderin how long till they pep up

13. well, far as i know - it all depends on the specific light source you're using. at a week old or so though, id have my lights around 10-12 inches away from my seedlings. they are delicate and fragile. the lights shouldnt be that close to them so young. id back the lights off.

i drop my lights to within a few inches after they're bout two weeks old. those first 2 weeks from seed, are very delicate for them - they are weak and die easy.