leaves curling

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by crojoe, Jan 26, 2009.

1. hello.

im a beginner and im having a problem with one of my plants, the leaves are curling and they dont look right either. i would be thankful if i could get a few pointers . thanks

2. Pics please? It will help alot. It could be anything. If the leaves are DROOPING it could be overheating/underwatering. Leaves also curl due to certain nutrient/micronutrient issues. Notice I said ISSUES and not deficiencies. Overfeeding your plants can cause root burn or nutrient "lockout" (the roots lose their ability to absorb cernain mutrients). Have you checked your Ph? You haven't mentioned whether you're growing in soil or hydro either.

Although I'm new to this concept myself, I can tell you that you haven't provided enough information to get an accurate answer. If you could include a pic, even a crappy cell phone pic, and some basics about your grow (what week you're in, lighting, distance, cabinet/room size, soil or hydro and types, strain, reflective material used, nutrients etc) it'll help everyone; and you...

3. See if crojoe comes back to read that reply. It´s his first post - LOADS of folks make one post and are never heard of again.

4. I have a similar problem...
    [​IMG]
    What type of medium? hydro
    What strain? Unknown (from a bag)
    How old are the plants? Started around 1/10/09
    What type of lights and how many watts? 150 HPS
    How far from the lights? 10" from light (appx)

What is the pH? appx 6
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 60-80, 65-75% RH
    What size pots? 3" I.D.

Any thoughts on what the cause is for the curling inwards of the leaves?

5. Seems like your plant may be too close to the light. Try moving the light farther away from the plant and make sure you have a sufficient amount of water... at this stage its doubtfull that the problem is related to any type of deficiencies (these start to occur at 3 or 4 weeks into the process).