Stem/stalk no longer straight!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Calidoscope, May 23, 2020.

1. so red stems can be genetics or from incorrect ph however the leaf blotching resembles unbalanced ph so I would suggest getting your ph down to 6.3 soil grows between 6.0 an 7.0. you don't have to do it in another flush. when you water water with 6.0 then next watering 6.3 that should get it below 7. then keep ph under 7 I don't normally go over 6.5ph. but as long as your 7 or under you should see those issues fade if ph and ppms remain correct. don't be freaked out when those leaves turn brown and die as once damage is done theres normally no going back but the new growth when your ph is corrected should look a lot better. you've been force feeding it improper ph I am surprised they don't look worse. if ph isn't corrected you can go into root lockout where they stop eating and your plant dies

2. Thanks

How do I got the ph down? Baught some ph down orange liquid but wondering if theres another way maybe that's more natural

3. that's all I use you can google ways to lower without it but I don't use another way so I cant suggest anything there. you probably should have got ph up as well the blue. when you first start using ph down it can be tricky. I would suggest a drop stir and read ph drop stir read ph. the stuff is pretty strong in clean water.

• Like Like x 1
  4. soil is quite strong buffer... if you go with good soil with already near ideal PH, i wouldn't worry too much because the time before you start using nutrients is quite short. nutes will lower the PH of water, then I add some PH up. they sell some soil moisture meter "sticks" but i found mine to be waste of money... either stick your finger in or measure by raising the pot and see if its light... depending on size of pot/plant and room temp/RH/air exhange... I'd guess water around every 3 days... Had to water a plant in +6gallons of soil every other day in the end, but even went like 10 days without watering at one point because of i drenched the soil with rather small plant.

5. #25 GroBuddy, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    you are correct with soil balancing ph as the fox farms I use does that. however I think for new grows it is important to get in the habit of checking your plant. especially if you've had to flush or decided to flush you can flush the balancer out as the balancer is the nutrients within as how nutrients added to water lowers that ph. so giving them the idea that there is no need to be worried about ph in a ph adjusting soil is kind of bad advise. I flush at the start of each different cycle of the plants life, besides during flower I only flush 2wks prior to harvest, the soil stays adjusted round about until that second flush. unless I start in ocean forest then its gone the first flush. ive shown over 1,300ppm in just ocean forest with a sprout. granted usually they work themselves out over around a 6 week period but youll have ugly plants until then and again for new growers this is frightening. it is usually process of elimination when solving an issue, makes it easier when youre fully aware of your plants environment and everything therein. I actually kept a grow journal my first grow that helped immensely. kept track of everything, after awhile you will just know the plants and understand what and when they need it either by experience or watching and listening to the plant.

6. #26 hatmat, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    How do you make even make stable PH:ed water without reverse osmosis filter? I tried several different methods, bottles, ml per dl, a bucket and it always raised after hours or a day. I just see PH:ing tap water a pain and a waste of time given that you check and correct PH of your nute solution. With organic nutrients it's even argued that because it takes long while to become bioavalaible to the plants a flush is ineffective and robs nutes during one of the most important parts of its life, I go somewhere in between and just use water last 3-5 waterings. Some growers also swear by the finishers after having done side by side tests. I'd argue more for a good cure and drying + strain for smoothness, sativa doms are smoother smoke.

*edit: also this: You want to cut in the middle of the night or right before sunrise. At night plants send all there carbs and excess nutes down to the roots. In the morning they move them back to the leaves. If you cut at night, then all of these *contaminants* will be in the roots and not in your smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP, consider adding more perlite to your soilmix next run. google/search nute defieciency/toxicity leaf symptoms, i think you added calmag... I think it might be mag deficiency, but i am not an expert.

8. I'm really confused u guys I wish I just never gave it nutrients it was doing absolutely fine but my friend always said oh they need it and then now I've lost 4 big leaves turning brown and crumbling dry... including the true leaves.. I'm so upset i cant even comprehend right now...

9. Should I cut the dieing leaves off at nighttime?

10. #30 Calidoscope, May 24, 2020
    My mom tells me I'm making it too complicated..I'm not sure if shes ever grown weed but she is a gardener.... i dont really think it's that complicated but its definetely confusing and it sucks my tap water is no good.. does it really need these nutrients??

11. Atleast the rest of the plant still looks good... i have the ph down so I'm gonna buy the ph up and I geuss a soil ph meter.. anything else I need?. I got a bunch of different kinds of soil and now I'm worried about when I put her outside as if I wasnt worried enough before this happend

12. #32 hatmat, May 24, 2020
    I don't care when i defoliate what time of day it is. I would buy some epsom salt to treat that possible mg defieciency.
    I think you added too many different kind of nutes, you could try 1/5th strength when you start nuting next time +3 weeks in.

*edit: depends what the soil EC is & How big pot you're using.

13. Also perhaps you guys could invest in reverse osmosis system, for human & plant health ^-^ I havent dared to yet get one and install by myself. A reverse osmosis system costs from $150 to $300, plus $100 to $200 annually for replacement filters.

14. why fiji water? bro science?

15. I had fiji water and it's better than the sink water so that's really all.. is there a better brand perfect for weed?!?? Cause fiji isn't cutting it

16. So I should cut the dieing leaves off?? Also I'm wondering why only the some leaves were negatively effected

17. Not an expert but what i read just now. Once your plant’s woes have been identified as nutrient burn, carefully remove all the damaged material. Break off all the damaged leaves. Trace calyx clusters back to their branch and remove the whole florette, just to be sure. Dead flowers and leaves will rot

Alltho if they're yellow and looking heavy i would spare them for some time if they've suffered from overwatering... I have had leaves turn to green in case of underwatering

18. How's it going OP? I measured my tap water ph and it's 8. that being said for safety and since i have time i've started to adjust my tap water's PH, so as its not stable idk if its actually that useful.

19. #39 Calidoscope, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    The plants doing fine except for the first true leaves are dead and 3 other pairs of leaves were burned from the nutrients but I've not cut them.... they look like they're about half there still some green too them... other than that just doing fine and I haven't watered it today even though the top was dry.. maybe tomorrow...I geuss I will have to try using the ph down and see what happens.... definetly nervous about that I wish I could give it the hose water atleast ! Yucky water >_<

I'm going to be putting it outside soon... it's going into a greenhouse that doesnt get much direct sun and when it does the sun doesnt shine directly overhead so I'm wondering if I have to worry about the weed plant bending towards the sun or not because it's in the greenhouse.... if it is going to bend towards the sun I'm gonna put it in a bag so I can turn it... what do you think.. anyone?
    In the greenhouse I'm gonna have a mini bathtub to catch rainwater to give it atleast

20. Ph down or vinegar yeah... i put 2ml of ph down to a glass of water and then with pipette 20-25ml of that mixture to bottles size of 1.5l... and shake and wait a bit i wait around 15min... i guess the more ideal way would be to do this over long period of time adjusting it down many times but that's a nightmare... it becomes very unpredictable and frustrating so I don't bother doing that... Seen some outdoor plants and i reckon none have been heavy leaners but dunno. remember good drainage.

• Like Like x 1