leaves curling

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CropStar, Mar 6, 2013.

1. not sure what to do here , they have been under the hps 600 for about a week , still on the 18 / 6 . about to change over to 12 / 12 but this curling has me worried . the temp in the room is about 70 and humidity around 40% , i have been feeding / watering them every other day with sensi grow a and b . i still need to prune the bottoms of them , i'm using fox farm soil .i dont know if i am feeding them too much or what . someone plz comment .

2. sorry for the double post of pics

3. Looks like tacoing, what's your rh and heat at?

4. not sound like a dumb ass but since this is my first grow , what does rh stand for ? :)

5. Im going to say high temps. I was having the same problem about 2 weeks ago. I thought my temps were in the 70, but someone suggested I move the thermometer at the canopy level and my real temps were in the 90s. Bingo.

Aim your fan(s) toward the canopy.

6. Rh = room humidity

7. You are overwatering.

8. I'm not sure what is causing your problem, but every other day does seem like a bit much.

Always easier too add more water rather than try to take it away.

9. If those are 5gal plastic pots, you should be watering every 4-5 days. Lift your pots. Feel the weight of them bone dry and after watering. I guarantee that's your problem.
    It would be a good idea to flush them also.

10. thx everyone for the input , since this my first time growing i'm worried about flushing since i have never done it but i think i will try on a few of them and see what happens also its hard for me to believe that i am over feeding them because when i mix up my nutes i use the sensi grow A 16mil in a gallon of water then add another gallon and mix in sensi grow B 16mil and then i basically split the 2 gallon mix into 6 , since i only have 6 plants to feed . please understand i went into this not knowing shit and still dont lol anyway i am using a 2 gallon mix on 6 plants in 5 gallon pots every 2 to 3 days so to me i believe i dont feed them enough but again i have no clue what i am doing :)

11. Overwatering. not overfeeding

12. Your rootbound

13. That maybe your problem right there! I have heard on a you tube page that you can't mix part a and b together in a lot of two step formulas.

14. well i trimmed up the bottoms and only watered them last night . still not looking good , temp is 89 and humidity is 33%
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Temp is 89? That's your problem.

16. thats what i am thinking , i moved my temp gauge up higher and this morning it read 89 so this past week when it said 70 it really was around 90 . i hope i didnt screw this plants up

17. They should come back, just get your temp down and give them a misting at lights out.