Leaves curling under...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by joey fats, Feb 23, 2011.

1. :eek:Multiple strains. ChemG13 is in veg setup under 250mh
    OGKush is in mom roon under 400mh
    MTF is in the flower room under 1000hps
    Bubblebuckets all EC below 1.6, AN 3 part base nutes on chem and kush,ionic bloom and boost on MTF.
    Temps never above 80 in any room, humidity ranges from 35 to 45 in all rooms.(no room for humidifier in vegg room), but never had this before and humidity has always been low...
    It seems to only happen on leaves that are not in direct contact with light...
    Only a couple leaves are affected on each plant...

You can check out the journals...ChemDawgG13 is in my sig...Thanks in advance:wave:

Pic1-ChemG13 Leaf curl
    Pic2-showing plant is healthy.
    Pic3-Kush leaf curl
    Pic4-Kush healthy
    Pic5-had high ph for 1 night and this is the only thing i can attribute this tellowing of the tips.
    plenty of air exchange, temps never exceed 80. humidity is consistent 35% a bit low but....
    Pic6-Matanuska Thunderfuck 2 weeks into flower leaf curl
    Pic7-whole plant

Attached Files:

2. I get the same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's caused by not having enough light penetration. Those leaves are bending and twisting themselves around to maximize the light they can absorb.

I definitely cant attribute it to a deficiency or toxicity, because I watch my meters VERY closely. I also don't think it's an environmental thing because I also tend to keep my environment nearly perfect.

Mine is not as bad, but looks very similar.

3. hey joe!:hello: my afghani does the same thing when it needs water, about every 3 days. ive read they curl like that to try and cath any water evaporating from the medium. how ofter is your cycle? maybe try less nutes, more often.

4. It is just so weird that it shows up on one or two smaller leaves and rest of plant is 100% healthy and vigorous.

5. I am using dwc 5 gal bubble buckets:smoke:

6. i saw ur buckets (and by the way im gonna bug the shit outa you later on those, i wanna make one), but dont you feed on a timer setup? i really dont know to much about the feeding cycles on bubble buckets, but it def looks like underwatering to me. it happens mainly on the older growth on my plant. i have another afghani and it doesnt ever do it, and they both get water, and are dry at the same time. ones just a little more touchy i guess.

7. :smoke:

No timer. I mix a batch of nutes and bubble it for a little to mix and ph, then put plant in it, adjust ph and ppm periodically over the week if needed. After 7 days I change the bucket out. sometimes longer if the plant is not very big...i will raise up my water level so the netpot stays more moist and see if you are right:smoke:

8. hmmm, im gonna have to look into the buckets a little more before i make one i guess. but ya, give it a try lmk how it wprks.

9. I have the same issue going on with my plants in the bb...ph is at 5.8 ppm right under a thousand...the top growth has straght leaves maybe one or two have a claw...the clone is throwing single blades...some clawed some not...I think ure babies will be fine:D

10. I agree......[​IMG]

11. I think it looks like lack of light. Is it only on bottom fan leavs? Set up an aux cfl or something and put it directly on a curled leaf...if she perks up in a day, thats the problem. Process of elimination...best place to start.

12. :confused::confused_2:I am thinking it happens when there in inadequate light and airflow to that certain part of the plant. If the MTF under my 1000 and getting blown by the fan didnt have it too, I would be sure of it. The plant is trying to grow but is angry. :mad:I need a bigger basement!!:hello:

Looks like im gonna have to get that dam 50$ wall mounted oscillating fan for vegg room.
    4x4 room at 78 degrees and i gotta buy a fan....geeez..dam ladies are like, well, ladies...:D

13. #13 loizier, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
    "eagle claw"
    :confused:SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE AN ANSWER!!! with pics and graphs and shit!:rolleyes:

id say 60%-80% of my plants get it during flower. iv heard everything from ph to nitrogen to humidity:rolleyes:,

i say its: somethingidontfuckingknowabout. but id like to find out.

edit: i 2 have a 1kw. very hot here. had a fan since the biginning. VERY strong. airflow/humidity isnt the cause of eagle claw...imo:eek:

edit: edit: nor light.

:wave:

14. I agree. There seems to be no straight answer to the EAGLE CLAW and why it occurs. Can we please get a straight answer if anybody out there knows for a fact what it is? I have 8 plants right now and 6 of them have this. I don't think its a light issue either, like stated above.

15. Classic pic of (N) Nitrogen overload.

Freak
    :smoke:

16. Any luck on the FIX for the leaves curling down reverse taco so 2 speak... Tang-Dream is doing the same.... hmmm quick flush with the last gallon added 2tsp of sledgehammer she should bounce back in a day or 2....

17. I have noticed recently that my bubble buckets do this but soiless does not. I am running grapefruit haze and the ones in the dwc have the curl similar to many of my other plants affected. The Grapefruit haze i am running in the roots soiless mix is perfect. Never had 1 leaf curl...

18. thats what i,m seeing to