Leaves curling like Tacos wtf.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FlipDeDank, Dec 3, 2011.

1. #1 FlipDeDank, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    Sup guys I'm about 2 weeks and 2 days from seed most of my babies are for the most part are doing

2. :confused:
    Taco's curl?

3. Are doing pretty good my tang dream starting folding up. Any ideas what it could be?

Attached Files:

4. Sorry for the incomplete hit the god damn send button on my phone

5. looks too hot bro...what are your temps like?

6. Lol dropped like 6bills on lights nuits and everything else and didnt buy a thermostat :)
    dont kill me

7. LOL...yea u gonna need 1 of those. :wave:

8. My younger plants seem to do it when the lights are too bright for them (too close) and I have to raise them up a bit. Temps stay the same and the leaves return just fine over time...so in my experience the lights are too bright or close. I hope this helps.

9. yeah the plants prbly half grown a good half inch and have gained first true leaves since last time I raised the lights and it was prbly a little closer then 2inches just moved them up about 2 inches so there 3-4" from them. Also will be purchasing a fan and thermostat ASAP :smoke: bump for rent and misc expenses at the worst times using all my money none left for some green.

10. Temps stay the same in the cab yes but if you put the lights closer to the plants itself than its gonna be hotter for the plants....rule of thumb is put ur hand over the plant. If its too hot for your hands then its too hot for the plants. I think if clfs then about 2" away.

11. I have them under a 125watt cfl puts of imho no heat I can put my hand on it and be fine ....... for a few seconds at least lol. Also any opinions on transferring will be appreciated.

12. Hows ur setup....room / cab size.....lights.....ventilation

13. Room is about a 7x3x8. Its a glass sliding door setup so plan on putting a sheet of plywood behind one of the doors and installing a 160cfm 6in inline fan and a 400 watt mh. Recommendations?

14. Preying leaves means a problem with magnesium deficiency. As you prob know magnesium is used in chlorophyll in leaves (makes it green), well important innit! Anyway its a really common problem with indoor grows and I've had it a few times with seedlings in particular (they seem to grow out of it). You can either foliar feed them (at night) with a very mild solution of epson salts (trip to pharmacy) or feed them normally with it, or both. If you foliar feed though only do it a few times. Too much salt on the leaf can dry them out!

15. #15 Kronikkk, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2017
    It's not temps. xx. It's probably just a deficiency of some sort. Just feed your fucking plant. Your curling isn't even that bad it's barely even half-noticeable. It's winter and I leave the window open with a non air cooled 400w. It's like 70 in the closet. I had a wilting problem a few days ago and after I revived em I checked em today and they were CURLY LIKE TACOS. Yours aren't. But if they do curl it's some small deficiency that you really shouldn't give a flying fuck about. Why? Because your plant is prospering and not dying. No one gives a shit what quality fan leaves you have. They give a shit about - well, you know what the fuck people give a shit about in the growing process.

Just grow your plants and don't kill them. Show them love, and they'll show you love right back you feel me. :smoke:

16. Doesn't look like a heat issue, but you do have burnt tips which is a feeding issue.

17. Just be careful Flip. CFL can and will burn. You can google flourescent burn and see some pretty good examples. One of my clones got burnt the other day but that was from my light falling on it and staying in contact for a less than a minute. im running 9 lights right now. I think that its like 221 or 227 watts total (I dont remember right now). Like I said before my lights were too close so I raised them up and found the sweet spot now my leaves are fine.

It could be too much brightness or it could be the heat coming off the lights...I dont know. Im no expert...yet (maybe in a few more years;)). I just figure that if my leaves are closing up, there is something going on that my girls dont like. Stress leads to other stuff that I dont want...so why not fix it right when you see it happening. I wouldnt go over board trying to fix it though. Jamming nutes in there might just make things worse. Let us know how they come along.

Damn...Im glad that I didnt suggest heat as the culprit :rolleyes::D.

18. He right listen to this guy........:rolleyes:

He has no fans and no ventilation afaik in a room 7x3x8........really?

Yea lets forget that the healthier they are in veg in doesnt do anything when you start to flower em... He is barely in vegging...2 wks? He shouldnt have started nutes yet...and if it is a deficiency its gonna take em about a week to 2 weeks to fix so he shouldnt give a fuck about it?

Where do you think the buds are getting the food from?

Yea I recommend this though. Go to your hydro shop and ask for a bottle of love theyll get real big buds yo....:rolleyes:

Good luck op...I see you have a pro guiding you every step of the way. :wave:

19. Flip, I hope that you can see through all of our sarcasm here:rolleyes:. If you have surfed the forums for any amount of time here, Im sure that you have seen how differing opinions tend to spark a bit shit amongst growers. Some folks take things out of context and some are just flat out offensive in the way they communicate...anyhow, I just keep in mind that this is just a site and debate is healthy and makes for interesting talk...

End result is that you want some bud so it dont matter if you worm shit dinosuar shit...if it gives you good healthy bud then you're on track right? I still think that fixing an issue with your plants as soon as you first see it is the best way to get the job done. If you look in my signature, my grow that I just harvested in prime example of this logic. Whatever whent wrong got caught a bit late and I couldnt fix it in time so I had to harvest early. I served some up last night to company and they all say that it was good shit. I just know that it could have been better. okay, Im rambling now...

20. Hey guys really do appreciate the input.

Went ahead and raised the light a little and fed half strength nutes and opened up closet doors a little more and the tang dream fixed it self.

One of my others is super dried out and all its leaves are dry as fuck like gma pussy dry haha. It's my og kush only one doing it all others are looking good