leaves curling like crazy

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by pure1, Jun 19, 2012.

1. i've only noticed it for the past couple days, haven't changed soil or water. No major spots on new leaves to curl down, but here's some pics.

By the way, the black spots on the plants you see is dirt from when I transplanted earlier, but i did only transplant 1 of the 2 curling leaves, so it's not from that.

I heard it can be from a nitrogen def? called the nitrogen claw? It isn;'t too dry or too wet either, i water ever couple to few days depending on the dryness.

I'm confused,

thanks for any future input

Attached Files:

2. this is like 4 days ago

Attached Files:

3. Hi friend amazing i m happy after saw condition of leaves..

4. I'm sorry? You think they're good?

5. You got a thermometer in there?

6. Yup. Reading 73 right now, hasn't been over 76, or under 65. But i'm using an A/C to cool down, so there's like no humidity..

might that be it? I could put like gallon size ziplock bags in there to create humidity, like a greenhouse maybe?

7. hmmm it looks a little yellow at the end of your plants so it could be overwater, or how often have you added nutes?

8. I was doubting overwater cause I was actually waiting them to get more dry than usual to see if it was drooping or curling cause that.

But i just added them in a gallon water jug, and thats my regular feeding water. Should I not add nute water everytime? Sorry if i sound like a noob but this is my first grow ever

9. nute water everytime should be okay I believe, have you tested your ph recently?

10. nope, but i will now.

the only problem is, i can't ever do runoff cause it gets mixed with soil and it's dark. i use the regular ph check, the liquid drops and going by the color.

Should I still check my normal nute water?

11. Definitely you can never be too careful remember. How much nutrients are you adding per gallon? and how much does your nutes recommend?

12. I'm using fox farms floragro and florabloom, they said 1/4 tsp per gallon for mid veg stage and i did about that if not a little under, but here's a pic of my tested nute water

Attached Files:

13. What week are your plants at?

14. Well it's 36 days old, so like 5 weeks

15. I also started flowering a week ago, im buying better spectrum lights in the next couple days..

any my pH is fine? I heard actually 5.5 to 6.5 is ideal

Mines like 6.5 7.5

16. hmmm pH is good have they been off lights at any point?

17. When I have these sorta "I don't know wtf is wrong?" I normally do a flush and replenish.

18. actually.. yeah, for like 30 mins to an hour on some poor light while i was changing grow rooms.. you think that's it? like mini shock?

It's been like 3 days, but i've noticed it only after i moved them

19. sorry dude I'm stoned as fuck and thought my posts were getting deleted for some fucking reason, it could possibly be OVER lighting yeah, it actually is possible in some special cases

20. :smoke: no problem bro, i feel you :p

but really? It's weak lighting kinda... 5 100w eqv lights and some 23w warm white cause I broke one of the 100w eqv ones. The closet isn't lined in anything reflective, no reflector..