leaves curling in? pics included

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by shug_knight, Aug 30, 2011.

1. So here's my 1 month old lemon skunk. I have a chemdawg that's a few days older but is in perfect condition. This lemon skunk keeps giving me problems.

I thought it might have been heat related but not sure..

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. I don't think its excess nitrogen, because the leaves aren't really that dark green.

However, I have had my plants do this before when I was overwatering them. One plant had a far smaller root mass then the one beside it, and I would water then the same amount. Every time I was unknowingly drowning one plant, which ended up rotting the roots, and led to even further droop and curling of the leaves.

Let it dry out and see if that helps with the curling.

3. #3 shug_knight, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I actually thought I was under watering them. I have a strict 3 day watering schedule. I just fed them this morning so we'll see how they do tomorrow.

4. Any other opinions? Here's my specs

What type of medium; soil or hydro? SOIL
    What brand and type of soil? FFOF
    Indoors or outdoors? INDOORS
    What strain? LEMON SKUNK
    How old are the plants? 1 month old
    What type of lights and how many watts? CFLs 2x42w
    How far from the lights? 2-4 Inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Every 3 days, tap water left out 24 hours
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Just grow big, big bloom, molasses every other feedng
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? PH in 5.8 out 6.0
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 84 degrees 40%
    What size pots? 1 gallon
    Any bugs? Look real close. Nope
    Any other pertinent info? Defoliated and topped.

5. Your problem is the Ph.

Get it in the range of 6.3 - 6.8 at runoff and u will see a quick improvement.

Freak
    :smoke:

6. Seriously? I've been going by the whole 5.5-6.5 range.. doh! :(

7. Hey freak its me again. So after I initially fixed the problem, it returned with a vengeance. It look worst than before.

So o finally decided to flush. Its hasn't improved.. do u think it could be something else?

8. What is the Ph at now ???

It should be coming out at around 6.5 ish.

I also notice u only have a total of 84 w of CFL.
    Thats not even adequate for 1 plant.

A good rule of thumb is 100w for the first plant,
    and 50w extra for each extra plant.

I suggest u cut back on the feeding dosages for now,
    until all is better.

Please keep us updated. And dont keep flushing.

Freak
    :smoke:

9. I got it to 6.3 then it lowered back to 6.0 next feeding of 6.7 PHed water.

I also have 3x42w in there.

Let me try to get it up to 6.5 n ill update.

10. FFOF

The ultimate potting soil-everything your plants need, in one bag. Ocean Forest® is a powerhouse blend of premium earthworm castings, bat guano, and Pacific Northwest sea-going fish and crab meal. Composted forest humus, sandy loam, and sphagnum peat moss give Ocean Forest® its light, aerated texture. Start with Ocean Forest® and watch your plants come alive!

1.) Why are you adding nutes? Its my understanding that FFOF runs hot as it is. It takes me 4-6 weeks before nutes need to be added on a pre fertilized soil. My plants are 3-4 foot tall bushes before I start adding nutes.

2.) Did you pre Dolomite Lime the soil? A table spoon or 2 per gallon goes a long ways towards stabalizing your soil and keeping a solid 6.5 soil ph.

Good luck dude. I'm only on my second grow so look what I posted here up and you will go a long ways towards educating your self on growing in soil.

ODP