Leaves curling down????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pops DontRun, Mar 25, 2013.

1. :confused: I could not find a thread that shows this. I assume this is over watering. Would love to know.....

Sry for the H.I.D. light pics.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like N toxicity. How much and how often are you feeding? How often do you water?

3. Thx for the quick reply, BYO!

I am growing in coco. I am using the Canna Coco nutes. I have 16 10gal smart pots. I have been feeding once every 3days. This last feeding I goofed and went 5 days....however, not once ever has the top two inches been dry. The coco holds water great! They are two weeks into flowering...so, the nutes would be coco A+B, little Rhizo, cannaboost and cannazym. I ran out of Cannazym this cycle. I have more now...for next time.

I am confused on a proper feeding with coco and cannacoco nutes. I have been told every day is to much for coco. I have been told not until the top two inches is dry (that could be a week or more). I was also told every 3 days. This allows the roots to search, stretch and grow to find all the water. I have been doing this...every 3 days. What would you think and why???

4. I was also told that Coco with the CannaCoco line of nutes would not have nute deficiencies.

5. Try using just Ph'd water, and feed every other for 4 weeks.... See if that improves. I am by no means an expert, only on my first grow... But from what I've read it's best to feed every other watering. *shrug* They don't look terrible though, never seen the tips curl down like that.

6. Too much water in the tips of the leafs . It's not a big deal . Just don't water again until the pot is light by lifting it up .
    Good luck

7. I first thought the same thing. However, I had made a mistake and did not feed the girls for 5 days. This in number of days seems long to me but, the coco was still moist. It had some dried coco on top....not the whole top....and was cool and damp when I put my finger in to the second knuckle.

Would 5+ days between feedings be kool??? They are in 10gal smart pots. I give 17 plants 30gals of water each time. That's less than 2gals for each 10gal pot. Is that too much??? I thought and have been doing about 10% run off into a tray that they sit in and drink as it evaporates till the next morning. Good/bad??? :confused::smoking:

8. U can't adjust the watering by a daily thing or by a ratio really . U need to know by lifting up ur pots and feeling the extra weight or not of the fully watered pot and not fully watered pot within time u will know how much each plant needs . So for me or anybody else to say yeah u got 10gal pots water every 5 days with 2gal is wrong.

And it's very bad to leave the run off water ! Stop that right away after watering by 10mins empty the run off water !

As the run off water has build up in it from the soil roots nutes etc .. That's the whole point if the run off is to clean up the bottom root area of build up . Plus the extra water the roots r taking is flooding the plant another reason why the leafs r droopy

9. Thx Tk86, I get what your saying. Makes perfect since. Big "my bad" on the run off. They are setting in 3x3 trays. I will make changes and buy a wet shop vac. So, not specific to my crop but, only of coco....would 5+ days be okay. As long as the coco is still damp and it clearly has some moisture, it does not need more???...or, would I reduce the amount of water given during feed times???

This coco really holds moisture!!! In theory, there would still be nutes for the plant as long as the moisture is there, right???

10. Well I've never used coco so I don't want to give u any wrong info . But in theory I would say yes . I would suggest start a new post in regards to coco growing and get some ideas from people who actually use it .