Leaves Curling down but look ok (Pic)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MiMedthumb, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Hello, I have tried to search other posts but there seems to be a ton of situations in which new leaves curl down. Here is a picture of my baby, The strain is OG Kush. Water is at 6.3 ph. 700ppm nutes GH brand. 600 watt MH bulb. please help, thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Nutes are too strong for that size plant IMO...cut them back to 1/2 that PPM and see how they look ina week...then start increasing slowly

3. Overwatering?

4. About the over watering suggestion, it is in a hydroponic system, so most likely not, as the water is properly aerated. Im going to go ahead and start a new bucket with lower nutes, and put this plant into that bucket. The problem is, I have about 10 other plants with the same ph and ppm nutes (or even higher) and those plants look excellent. It just this one particular plant. Maybe it has something to do with the strain? as all my plants are diff strains. Though I heard OG kush can eat thru massive nutes.

5. I'm going to agree and say it's too much nutes as well. That looks like the very beginning of eagles claw which is caused by too much nitrogen. Your leaves also look very dark green, which is another sign that they're getting too much nutes. It doesn't look bad at all though. Just slightly on the heavy side.

And yeah, I'm sure it's a difference in strain. Even though some OG Kush can handle lots of nutes, every pheno is different. You can grow ten seeds of the same strain and there will still be variations. Overall it looks like a pretty happy plant. Cut back slightly on the N and you should be golden.

6. Thanks for the kind words and solid advice. I will be correcting that right away, and TBH I took that picture yesterday, and today its already starting to look better and I haven't done anything yet. I just started to panic :D Im new.

7. Right on. That pic wasn't taken right after lights out was it? The dark period almost always makes plants droop (or sleep).

8. No, the lights had been on for 6-7 hours when that picture was taken. However I went ahead and changed the water and did 50% nutes. So im hopeing that takes care of the issue.

Hey since I have a pro looking at my post, I was wondering if you could diagnose this one other plant problem. Its a mother plant of a strain called Free Leonard.

About a week ago I saw this start happening rapidly, I freaked out and changed the water immediately. But since I have had the new clean water in there for the past week, nothing looks better. Is this eagle claw?, and will this ever repair itself? Right now the ph is 6.3 and 1000ppm, I dont know what it was at when I dumped it. Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

9. your PH is too high for hydro...

6.3 needs to come down to 5.8 and your issues will go away.

10. Thanks for the advice :D