Leaves curling but no discoloration

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by holengjuy, Apr 4, 2009.

1. I am concerned about a few of my plants. I have 3 SourD/Bubba Kush, a White Widow, and a Purple. They were given to me as clones, and after about 14 days in rapid rooter they were transplanted into the bubble buckets. It has since been 10 days and they are for the most part, looking great. Tons of growth everyday.

The first thing I have noticed is with my purple plant. It is by far the most aggressive growing plant I have. I don't know if it's just the strain or what, but this plant has HUGE leaves. Where all the other plants have leaves that span half the size of my hand, this plant has a few leaves that can completely cover my hand. The only issue is that the edges are curling up. There is no discoloration at all. They are in R.O. water @ a PH of about 6.2 and are on the Lucas formula for vegging. Should I be concerned? The spots in the second pic are like dents on the leaf. No discoloration on the underside either.

[​IMG]

The second thing I noticed is with my White Widow. On some of the original leaves (the ones that were on the clone) they have some light white/yellow spotting. It does not seem to have affected the growth of the plant. Here is a pic.

[​IMG]

Lastly, on the SourD/Bubba Kush, again with the orginal leaves, there has been some yellowing and brown spotting. Only on the old leaves, nothing on the new growth. Same growing conditions as described earlier.

[​IMG]

Other than these issues, everything seems to be going well. I am going to be switching to flowering in the next couple days. Hopefully everything is ok with my babies. Here's a group shot of them and one of the tallest plant (SourD/Bubba Kush)

Thanks in advance for any help. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Anymore info on ur grow would be helpfull - i.e Nutes, Lights (Type, power and cycle i.e time) size of area and the Key ones "RH" & "Temp".

I've seen edge curling many times before and more often than not the Relative Humidity is too low and the leaves curl because the plants loosing to much moisture.

Check average temps and RM using a digital meter (Not expensive)

Minimal temp = 55*F (Below this will cause shock)
    Maximum Temp = ??? (This is a widely discussed issue - Some say 75-80 others say anything upto 95, but in reality the Green Goddess grows naturally in temps of upto 105*f but the RH and air movement counters the temps.

RH needs to be anyware from 45-60 ideally somewhere in the middle. go for 50 and you cant go wrong.

3. I'm using General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom according to the Lucas formula. 5ml/10ml M/B. 24hrs of light for vegging with a 400w HPS. Average temps during the day time are 78* and at night about 70*. I may need to bring the RH up, I'll double check it

4. Deffo Check the RH - I'd also knock a few hrs oiff the timer.. Instead of 24hr Veg...
    I have done 24hr veg cycles before and had problems (Stress), sure they still grew but theres benifits to giving them a few hrs of rest...

Anything over 16hrs of light has little if any bennifits.

As for the leaf spots Check out http://www.ganjaguerrilla.net/

Try and match your problem too one of the many pictures off sick MJ plants...

gl.