Leaves curled up but not dry

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Zakmac420, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Yep looks like russets

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. I personally have never had a russet problem. Seems like your doing the right thing, scope it to see, beneficial mites are the way to go. To me though they look like heat stress.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Just stop already you have no room to talk. OP should use 1oz each Spinosad and Azatrol or Azamax per gallon of water and spray every 3 days until harvest and it's best to use it at sundown. Btw check out my threads and you'll see I know my shit oh yeah I'm a diy led guy as well

4. You're annoying.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Curious to hear the results. I'm wondering if I have the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Se
    Post some photos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. C'mon, OP, we need some resolution here! Suspense is killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #48 Bulldog11, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    DIY led guy....... I take it you don't enter cups, or have testing done. Those products are a no go. This is what I set as my personal standard, until the state comes out with a more comprehensive set of standards. I also wouldn't advise others to spray things that are already failing flowers at cups. These cups go off the lab recommendations, and those labs will soon be setting the standards for the state. At least as I see it.

Also, the neem (Azadirachtin ) products will decimate your nematode population, and you will be victim of russets over and over. Usually 3 year cycles.

Here is the list from the Emerald Cup.

TESTING PROTOCOL AND DISQUALIFICATION THRESHOLDS

Cannabis testing provides our judges with important information about the safety, quality, and potency of your medicine. It also helps confirm the integrity of our organic and sustainably-minded cannabis competition. The Emerald Cup 2015 has adopted disqualification thresholds based on AHPA guidance policies for herbal products and prospective regulatory standards under recently passed laws. Disqualified entries will not be returned for any reason. More information on testing procedures is available at www.sclabs.com.
    Pesticide Testing
    • For the health and safety of our judges and our community, all entries in all flower, concentrate, tincture, and topical categories will undergo pesticide testing.
    • Testing detects pesticides using high performance liquid chromatography in conjunction with tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS.)
    • Your entry will be immediately disqualified if any of the following pesticides, fungicides, or plant-growth regulators are detected: acequinocyl, bifenazate, pyrethrium, daminozide, spirotetramat, fenoxycarb, paclobutrazol, spiromesifen, spinosad, abamectin, imidacloprid, or myclobutanil.
    Microbiological Screening
    • For the health and safety of our judges and our community, all entries in all categories will undergo microbiological screening.
    • Testing detects yeasts, molds, bacteria, and fungi using 3M Petrifilm and other AOAC accepted plating methods.
    • Your entry will be immediately disqualified if:
      • Total Yeast and Mold > 100,000 colony-forming units per gram (cfu); or
      • Total Aerobic Plate Count > 10,00,000 cfu; or
      • Pseudomonas/Shigella > 10,000 cfu; or
      • Coliforms > 10,000 cfu; or
      • E. Coli > 0 cfu; or
      • Salmonella > 0 cfu.
    Residual Solvents Testing
    • For the health and safety of our judges and our community, all entries in all concentrate categories will undergo residual solvent testing.
    • Testing detects residual solvents using gas chromatography in conjunction with headspace sampling.
    • Your entry will be immediately disqualified if any of the following solvents are detected: neopentane, isopentane, ethanol, isobutane, n-pentane, cyclohexane, benzene, n-butane, 2-methylpentane, propane, methanol, n-heptane, n-hexane, 2,2-dimethylbutane, 3-methylpentane, or isopropanol.
    Potency Testing
    • In order to provide useful information to our judges and our community, all entries in all categories will undergo potency testing.
    • Testing will detect levels of THC, THCA, CBD, CBDA, and CBN using high performance liquid chromatography.
    • Your CBD entry (in any CBD category) will be disqualified if potency testing reveals a CBD:THC ratio of less than one (i.e. Relatively less CBD than THC).
    Terpenes
    • In order to provide useful information to our judges and our community, all entries in all flower and concentrate categories will undergo terpene testing.
    • Testing will detect levels of the following terpenes using gas chromatography/flame ionized detection: nerolidol, β-pinene, p-cymene, isopulgeol, geranyl acetate, fenchol, pulegone, menthol, α-humulene, α-bisabolol, (+)-3-carene, (-) caryophyllene oxide, α-pinene, eucalyptol, myrcene, terpinolene, β-caryophyllene, limonene, geraniol, linalool, (+) valencene, camphene, sabinene, guaiol, phytol, terpineol, camphor, isoborneol, α-terpinene, α-phellandrene, and α-cedrene.
    Organic Ingredients
    • Any edible, topical, or tincture entry found to contain inorganic ingredients, other than those allowed under National Organic Program standards, will be immediately disqualified. The National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances can be found at 7 CFR §205.605-6.
    Indoor Cannabis
    • Any entry found to contain cannabis that is not sun-grown will be immediately disqualified.

9. #49 Bulldog11, Sep 5, 2017
    I don't quite understand where the hostility comes from? Just trying to help.

10. Azatrol and azamax will go into your lungs fuck that, I would rather trash a grow than use those. Keep it non toxic

• Like Like x 1
  11. You don't know it's OMRI do you? It breaks down in 3-5 days again you don't know it's OMRI certified. I'm here to give the best advice to help and my knowledge of how to take care of plants and build lights that kickass I share the knowledge

SAM_1388.JPG

@Bulldog11 here's a taste what I do outside
    SAM_1596.JPG
    but wait?.....You need to see this

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. You are really trying hard and I see it. I like how you copy paste other peoples work. Please stop because if you are all that why you here? You haven't seen this before I went led lol

IMAG00381.jpg
    IMAG00421.jpg
    IMAG00431.jpg
    That was after I quit growing for a dispensary that would pay me what I wanted.

13. Sorry friend I'd just rather use beneficial bugs, just my personal preference.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yay!!! No russets!! It was just heat stress. We have had record temps lately and they didnt do that til after the heat wave. Thank you everyone!!!

15. Prolly the part where you said everyone else is flat out wrong. Noone likes a know it all. BTW your wrong I'm right did I win the bet?

16. #56 Bulldog11, Sep 6, 2017
    Sorry, that isn't heat stress. It's russets.I have had 112 degree days for a week or two. I don't have a single leaf looking like that. I have never had heat stress on an outdoor plant that looks like that. It's russets, check again. Grown in temps all the way up to 125 degrees. That shit ain't heat stress. If that is heat stress, then it's the first time I have seen heat stress on an outdoor plant in 20 years. Also, doesn't it seem strange the damage from "heat stress" starts on the bottom and inside of your plant? Heat stress would effect the tips first.......

Scope harder, what magnification scope are you using?

At least be honest, and if it spreads, come back and let us know.

17. Jesus Christ on a bicycle give up lad

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Lol! You should change your name to "know it all" . Dude he lives in Oregon, the temp prolly went from 90 to 105 overnight, we had a heat wave come through here. When Temps fluctuate quickly it happens.

19. Sorry, never seen burn on an outdoor plant. My temps just went from 85- 112 last week. Not a single leaf burnt. Still nobody seems to want to address the fact that the "burnt leafs from heat stress" are forming in the middle and bottom of the plant. Why would heat stress start where the plant is most protected from heat?

OP, scope harder. When I buy clones, I scope for seriously 8 hours. All it takes is one egg, one bug. I suspect, you didn't scope hard enough, with the right magnification. Or maybe I am just wrong, which I will accept if the OP comes back in a week or two and reports no spreading. These bugs are hard to ID. A new grower would have a very hard time IDing them.

Once again, that isn't heat stress. Just google heat stress in cannabis, look nothing alike. Then google russet mites.

20. I have 200x digital scope, meant for growing. I had my brother in law who grows for multiple dispensaries in southern oregon (and literally grpws the best outdoor i have ever seen, looks like indoor, and is on a 100% self sustaining organic weed farm) and he even said heat stress. Its only on a couple branches no other plant has any sign of anything other than the spider mites ive had a tiny issue with. The hairs are alo purple not brown.