Leaves curled up but not dry

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Zakmac420, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Seems like it could be many problems. Mine have been outside all year and same zone here Eastern or close enough. But the main issue is I believe is jt is from a clone. My clones have issues like a disease in the genetics. From the previous grower. Best I can say. Is try and turn it into your genetics from this point on. If you get seeds. It will have 50/50 your and previous grower genetics. Try and take off the diseased leaves. If they are/look useless let the planr make new better looking ones. My way of thinking. Seems to be working for me just fine. Good luck my friend

2. Here is a small update. Apparently I lost my charger for my scope and the one that I thought I had for it doesn't work. I will be making my way up to the store sometime today probably to get a new charger but in the meantime is there any other possibility for why my leaves would be doing this? I took a butt off and examined it closely and there is no discoloration anywhere except for the hairs coming out that seem to be purple

3. Want to put some money on it?

Been growing for 20 years, 5 years professionally. I can spot Russets, no problem.

Bet is, you have to say I am right and that it is possible I can detect russets from a mile away.

You win, name your stakes. Bet?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. #24 Bulldog11, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Double check that. Might be pm.
    Well, first thing I would do is throw away the link that was posted on how to kill russet mites. I swear, these ass hats that write these articles have NEVER EVER fought russets. If you are in for the fight, the best way to attack is:

1: Order beneficial mites. This might be too late, and might skip this step this year. Next year, start introducing the mites early in veg, then again before flower. This late the russet numbers are too much for the predators.

2: If using beneficial mites, then Grandevo and Venerate is your best options. Spray every other day, alternating products. Call rep for more info, you will have to PH your Grandevo with a spreader.

3: Essential oils. I have tested the brand Now Pure Organic's and I really like them. Test clean in my concentrates. As flowering gets closer to end, and your buds are stacking, choose an oil that is citrus in smell, like orange, lemon or tangerine. An effective maintenance dose would be 10 drops per gallon, but with an infestation, you are looking at 35 drops per gallon. Cinnamon oil works great also. This is very rough on beneficial mites, so watch out if you went that route.

4: Nuke Em. This stuff is costly, and goes quick. But it is an effective option.

Spray every other day at a minimum. Sun set or sun rise. Essential oils must be sprayed either out of direct sun, or under 80 degrees. Over 80 with direct sun will begin to cook the plant. Like oil on a pan cooking veggies.

Get that scope out first, make sure. But I know that look from a mile away.

If you want to fight with chemicals, that is an option also. However what I posted above is organic, and shouldn't effect the flowers or taint your concentrates.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. #25 Allofthemtaken, Sep 4, 2017

Which is why you most likely don't have russets, don't believe anyone saying they can spot them from a picture on the web. He's telling you need a 100x scope but can spot them wth his eye? When russets can make plants look like they have multiple problems, check the credibitly of members, they can set you back cash and plants.

You say you sprayed the calcium dollar, that may be the cause of your browning. Since you don't see the symptoms everywhere especially the bottom, where russets start and no leaf curl or wet leaves. Always be weary of members giving info like above. Always wait for multiple opinions before going out and doing something they said to your plants.
    You've been growing for twenty years yet don't know BT is harmless to humans amongst other incorrect advice you've been giving. Nobody here is trying to "bet" or one up anothrer, we are here to learn and help. You have a few posts, no grow journal, and are starting to sound like a cocky know it all. I'm sure you don't have any proof of your experience, your knowledge and attitude toward other is a dead giveaway. You've been here for two years and don't have any proof that you've grown a Cannabis plant...

6. Look troll. I didn't say BT was harmful. I said I thought it showed up in testing, and I prefer Grandevo and Venerate. Stop being a little turd. I have a 200k$ crop growing, and I will continue to use commercial grade products. Safter brand BT is a joke. Look at the concentrations, then look at a similar AG products.

You seem like a rookie, with a big attitude. It's starting to piss me off.

Bottom line, BT from Safer brand is junk. Those plants have Russets. Your advice is terrible.

Look, I will put it this way. How many plants have you harvested in your entire life? I harvest around 1000 this year alone. When you are dealing with 12 plants at a time, it is really hard to gain the experience needed to be a professional farmer. It reeks every time you talk.

I noticed you didn't put anything up on our bet. Seems like a no brainer to me. You can name your stakes, and if you loose all you have to do is admit I am right. Shows how little confidence you really have.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. #27 Allofthemtaken, Sep 4, 2017
    Been here since 2015, zero proof. Where's your grow journal since you're such a professional?

Yeah the guy who can spot russet mites without a scope, that's a first lmao. And I'm the troll. I've harvested more plants in the last year than you've grown in your 25 plus :laughing:

IMG_0300.jpg

8. #28 Allofthemtaken, Sep 4, 2017
    Of course a private instagram, and a broken picture. You work on a farm and get this worked up, stick to your garden, if you even work on one at all, your attitude and insults are not needed. If you can't take being told a different opinion or that your wrong, growing Cannabis is not for you. You sound way too immature to be around a garden in the first place. Wasting time :laughing: it takes two seconds to post a picture, or make a journal.

9. #29 Allofthemtaken, Sep 4, 2017
    I never said excess, I said they could burn pistills meaning turning them brown... lLike plenty of other foilar sprays could possibly do. But here I'll educate the farmer with 1000s of harvested plants.

You work on a Cannabis farm aye?

Will that be paid in cash or check?

IMG_0301.jpg

25 years of knowledge lmao :laughing:

10. That pic you found isn't Ca excess. Read a book, I suggest More Food From Soil Science by V.A. Tiedjens. Look what he has to say about Ca. Or you could read Reams, Astera, ext ext. Like I said before, I run my Ca levels at 90% in my base saturation levels. Have hundreds of tests from Spectrum labs. Ca is impossible to over do. You can bump other cations in the process, but Ca itself can never be overdone. That picture looks like a Mg deficiency, from bumping those cations off with Ca. If you balance your cations, Ca will never burn. Period.

My Ig account is private because I don't let anybody from my area join. Ask for an invite, I will allow.

Your plants look somewhat healthy, but small. I already harvested and trimmed more bud that than entire crop will produce this year alone. If you are a pro, then this industry just got a whole lot easier........

When the OP comes back with a scope, and confirms russets, what then?

11. BTW, not the first time I spotted russets months before others......

Think it was my winter crop I was trimming where the entire crew was watching Mendo Dope, the new DVD from that crew. They were a joke, and everybody was making fun of them the entire video. I was the first to pause the video and point out a plant that had russets. I think this was June or July, and come August sure enough the video shows them dealing with Russets. That was on a plant, two rows back from the camera.

I can spot deciencies, bugs, mold, rot ext ext from a mile away. It's a sign of a good gardener. More proof will be when OP comes back and confirms. I hope for OP's sake I am wrong.

12. Your statements are a tale tell sign you're very misinformed when it comes to Cannabis cultivation. You say you don't allow anyone to join ? Yet you have 16,000 followers lmao, this is how you communaicate over the web? I'm sure people would like a screen shot of the customer service they'd get from bulldogs farms, there's no way you'd be representing a company with this kind of attitude.

If he has russets, than you were right. You seem to not understand, nobody cares if you were a cocky know it all bashing other members. I can see why you have only a few posts, you can't treat others with respect. If you disagree with someone no need to be a a smart ass about it.

13. O my gosh, learn to read. I said I don't allow people from my area to join my feed. It's a security issue. I said I would let you join, what is the problem? Now you are attacking my business ethics because I have my account on private. Wow man, grow up.

You didn't take my bet, can't show sources on Ca information, wont join my IG account, and only talk crap. You found the ignore button.

Sorry op, just trying to help. You get that scope up and running?

14. Edit: Can't post pics

15. Telling me to grow up when you've just thrown multiple insults? Told other members their wrong, and don't know what a calcium excess in Cannabis is? Now you want to pull the "hey op I'm here to help" He's already stated he's getting batteries on a scope so you'll have to wait until he replies to let your know it all attitude if you were correct or not.

16. LOL, now you are editing and removing your posts completely, didn't know one could do that......

LOL, that is the ignore button working. My bad

17. Your pictures don't show up when I try to enlarge, Bulldog.

18. I know, I can't figure it out. Head to my IG account if interested. @HazybulldogFarms

What Organic cert do you have @Gilman420 ?

I am Clean Green certified.

19. Still working on scope getting up and running. But after reading that whole thing, i will make sure to get ot fixed quick now. Because now im REALLY curious lol. sorry guys. I have a nb daughter and a whole other vegetable and flower garden to maintain, as well as so many other responsibilities. At the very latest, when i get off work tomorrow i will have the charger. Around 7pm pacific time

• Like Like x 1