Leaves brown and curling...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by craig1187, Mar 7, 2014.

1. About 3 weeks into flowering and this is what's happening using distilled water and green light flowering nutes every other watering. Its only this one plant the other 2 aren't affected.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

2. I'm thinking it needs magnesium

3. Are you using any calmag?

4. No cal/mag don't have any place to get it. I do have grandmas unsulphured molasses and some Epsom salt though, could I use that?

5. Back off the salt. In my experience your doing good with the grandmas but i would stop using epsom enless needed

Sent from my C5155 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thats not magnesium, calcium maybe.

Salt build up is very common problem.

7. 1/4 -1/2 tea spoon of epsom and 1tbls of Molasses per gal of water

8. I haven't used the molasses or Epsom salt yet didn't know how really, I was saying if the Epsom salt would help with the magnesium problem if that's what it is.

9. Epsom salt will help with that problem if that is what is happening. Are you adjusting the PH of your distilled water and checking your run off PH? If not this could almost be a double problem because usually distilled water has low amounts of minerals in it and needs to be supplemented with cal/mag. Also distilled water usually has a low PH which will cause it to lock out Cal, Mag, and P. I'm having my own issue with PH right now and some of the leaves look similar to yours but more yellow because my PH went way low.

You can just use tap water that you let sit for 24 hours to remove excess chlorine, it usually has plenty of minerals in it to not need cal/mag. How good your tap water is depends where you live, some areas have something called Chloramine if you live in the united states, which won't evaporate out and has to be filtered.

10. I agree with the above,  Mark-it-zero

11. I don't have a ph meter because I thought distilled water didn't need it, I can't really go buy one because I lost my job last week. And our city water isn't even safe for us to drink.

12. Well you don't necessarily NEED an expensive PH meter. Ive just been using the test drops, I got a pack at a hydro shop that has a test vial and a dropper with enough PH test liquid for 800 tests supposedly. Ive checked it against a better quality electronic meter and it seems to be just as accurate, It is called the Sunleaves PH test kit and only cost 15$.

I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure the drops are more accurate than the cheapo electronic meters. Most quality PH pens are like 80$ and up around where I live and needed something cheaper. The chances of those plants surviving on just distilled water in soil without proper PH is pretty bad. That isn't even accounting for the soil possibly dropping the PH even further.

I just flushed a 3 gallon pot with water I PH to 7.5 and  the PH came out at 6.0 so I may need to flush next time with even higher PH to get a good run off level. I have been having issues with PH even using normal water because I used a subpar cheapo potting soil. Another pot I just put some nutes through came out at like PH 5.0 so I really have to get that up, the plant is starting to show multiple deficiencies.

Just using some personal experience as an example, there are different variables to account for and without knowing the PH going in and the PH coming out that plant is going to suffer.