Leaves are tilting...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by knowvis, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Hey GC,

Just a quick question. I have three plants, with more powerful bulbs in the middle and the two on the outside have lights above them but just not as powerful. This one is one of the outside plants and the leaves started tilting towards the center, I also have a fan blowing on all my plants, however none of my other plants are having this problem. So until I figured it out, I just simply put this one in the middle. Opinions?
    [​IMG]

The plant in the above picture currently was in the left most pot (shown below). Do you think the more powerful lights would cause it to stretch towards the right/center of the room?

[​IMG]

Thanks so much, and I'll be posting more pictures sooner or later on the progress, and try to figure out a time table of when I should push flower.

2. Get the lights about 2" away from the plant. Looks like it's stretching which is not good. If you can add some soil around the stalk for extra support.

3. You still think they are stretching? (Edit: That's an older picture of when I first started and didn't have the lights brought down.) :DDamn... The lights are probably only 3 inches away. Well, I put the one that was tilting underneath the major lights and it is not tilting as much, not nearly as much. And I did support the stalk, because its root system started off very curly... not straight down, so it has had support problems from the beginning. All better now.

If you read this, keep looking for my new thread! I will be posting pictures, my babies look so beautiful. I'm going to be asking whether it will be okay to flower in a week or two with some pictures.

4. If you have the lights as close as possible you will be fine. I'm subscribed to your thread so I will be watching your progress. Good luck. I'm just hoping my first grow will give me some decent buds. I'm trying not to expect to much. :wave:

5. Just a little stretched, no biggie. Get the lights closer as Madcap says, but check them twice daily to make sure they don't grow into the lights and get burned. Also, is the fan blowing on the bulbs? That'll help prevent cooking the lil guys. Maybe raise it an inch or two if you need to.