Leaves are starting to get brown

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by $weedboy, Nov 16, 2018.

1. My plants about month old. I have 300 watt LED lights. I’ve heard the LEDs can burn the leaves.
    The lights were set at 19 inches from the top of the plants. Just reset the light height to
    29 inches. I haven’t started to give the plants nutrients. I’ve hear too high a level of nutrients can also cause the leaves to burn
    Need advice. At the moment I’m just guessing.

Attached Files:

2. You giving them nutrients? Or just normal pH water? Do you know the pH of the soil? Young plants don't really get nutrient deficiency as they require so little. So it could be a pH issue.

3. That soil is looking a little strange man I'm guessing it has nutes in the soil already google leaf colour problems and a chart will show you what's up. Looks like too much of something

4. I was using rain water. No nutrients so far. Looks like it’s time for a ph meter.

5. Do not add nutrients just yet. Not too sure what soil you got there. You buy it from a store? What does the packaging say? If you are on a budget, get that yellow pH meter that is made from China. Will work for around a year. No need to get a $50 one. What area are you in? Do you guys get acid rain?

6. My wife had some potting soil. It’s Moo Grow. From Vermont Natural Ag Products.

7. Any plans on adding a nutrient line for when they get bigger?

8. Yes...But I’m not certain what to buy for nutrients. Do you have a recommendation. When do you start giving nutrients.
    Thanks for the help.

9. You will need base nutrients. Advanced nutrients has a good rep and is one of the most well known brands out there. They consist of Micro, grow and bloom nutrients. It's a 3 part series. They cost about $40 or less for a pack of 3. All bottles are 1L

10. pot up. It's likely root bound. I've had clones fill smaller pots really fast. when you pot up add 25% perilite to your new soil. It's cheap for a bag at your local big box store.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Ok I’ll try it. last year a friend give me 18 inch starter plants. I started the new crop from seed. These are at least a month old. I thought they should be bigger by now. But I’m just guessing