Leaves are.. flaking? Pest problem? (pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by growcdxx, Jun 10, 2007.

1. First pic: The leaves. Only a few of my plants are getting this, but the ones that are are all next to each other, and I don't want the problem to spread. I snipped the leaves that had looked like this, hopefully that will help the plants and not harm them.

Second pic: The possible suspect. It's a yellow beatle that I found on some of my plants. I'm thinking maybe they are the cause of the flaky leaves. Maybe they're eating them? If so, how do I get rid of them without harming my plants? I'd rather not spray and chemicals, if you know what I mean.

Third pic: Another pest that was frequenting some of my plants. It looks like an ant with wings? Ummm I don't know. All I know is I hate bugs! :(

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. im not very good with pest problems but it looks like spider mites damage in the first pic

3. If that is the problem, how do I get rid of those?

4. u can use neem oil, its sold in garden stores as well as home depot/walmart .... its organic stuff and safe to use for many types of bugs (200+ i think ive heard before), it wont hurt the plant, some add a drop of dishsoap into this, im not sure how much neem oil per gallon of water though

or some people boil like 5 ciggarettes in a gallon of water, and that kills them without harming the plant.

and what people do is usually foliar spray the leaves and stems down (both sides and make sure not to miss a spot)

some people spray either of those solutions into the soil to kill any bugs that could be there as well, ive never had a pest problem so im just going on what ive read here on GC

with both of those u have to reapply it after a week to kill the remaining larvae, and i would recommend doing it 3 weeks in a row to make sure all larvae have died off (and im pretty sure u have to spray the leaves with water before using the solutions on the plant again)

5. Hey, thanks. If that works I'll be sure to rep you. Hmm, let's hope...

6. Good luck, bugs are real assholes, they think they can get high for free...