Leaves are curling up ??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tromp1, Oct 29, 2016.

1. I'm wondering what this is from mabie heat ? Temps under 80. I topped last night mabie a stress symptom of being toped? And information would be appreciated thanks. they are 3 weeks old.

Attached Files:

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Do you have a fan blowing on them?

3. If your under 80 heat not problem.... The claw generally means nitro toxicity but yours isn't defined enough... How often do you water... This looks more like a watering issue unless they start curling under harder

• Like Like x 1
  4. Idk though that second pic looks more like nitro toxicity then the first but hard to tell till you get more leaves..... Always post more info... Every single thing you do... Soil type... Watering when and what... Nutrients... Lighting... Bucket size... Etc... Without more info and without bigger plant with more leaves to inspect hard to say without more info

• Like Like x 2
  5. How close is the light? I know you say your heat is non issue. But if it's to close the edges of your leafs will start to roll upwards. Even after a hand test and feeling comfortable with my height, it still did this. I lower a few more " and it recovered fine.

• Like Like x 3
  6. lol believe it or not that your lights can be too intense bro..

• Like Like x 2
  7. I'm under 2ft 6 bulb t5 I believe 54w ×6. 1 gal pots just transplanted and toped 4 days apart. In pro HP soil using advanced nutrients Sense line with voodoo juice and b 52. I'm using quarter strength nutrients. Going to be switching to a 600 w mh in a week. Just wanted to post about the taco curling I saw yesterday. I'm going to be switching to full strength nutes as soon as they recover from topping. Could be a lack of nutrients???

8. I do have a fan blowing on them not directly just on the lights. Mabie wind burn ? T5 is 7 inches from the canopy.

9. Those plants look fine, not nitro toxic, fairly healthy. My guess would be slight amount of overwatering? That's how they droop when they get too much water. They do take 2 days or so to recover from topping and the size of your fan leaves goes way down on the topped branches. That's why I went to straight LST no topping now my fan leaves are massive again.

What light cycle are you using. I think they want more light. They're kind of small for 3 weeks.

No trying to be picky but the thread title said leaves curled up? Looks like down.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It was every three days in the solo cups. I have just transplanted into 1 gals 3 days ago. I did not water with nutes when I transplanted. Just voodoo and b52. The soil is almost fully dry after full saturation when I transplanted and I will be hitting them with full strength nutes.

11. It was every three days in the solo cups. I have just transplanted into 1 gals 3 days ago. I did not water with nutes when I transplanted. Just voodoo and b52. The soil is almost fully dry after full saturation when I transplanted and I will be hitting them with full strength nutes.

12. No worries mate I appreciate the advice there 2 weeks 3 days old but. 24 hours on for them. I am planning on putting them under 600 w horalux blue when they recover from being topped. Any other tips you could give me would be helpful

13. When I mean curled up on top like a taco. Not the claws pointed down

14. This is what the plant's leaves do when they're too hot or the light is too close. Some call it a taco.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. They may enjoy a little darkness. I find my plants respond well to 24 hours for the first 2 weeks but after that they tend to get tired. They get really happy and perky again after 2-3 days of a little rest. Go 20/4 or 18/6. It will also save you money. I run 19/5 just to be different.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 7 inches
    T5s

17. ok cool I will try it ! What's the best way to introduce and new light schedule? Do you think I should put the 600 over them asap ? Thanks tbone super helpfull

• Like Like x 1
  18. They're plenty big enough to start them on the big light I would have done it 2 weeks ago. Just keep your distance at first maybe about 36" and watch for the taco shape on the leaves. Lower it 6" a day. The plants will tell you if they like it by their stance and posture of both the leaves and the plant plus the color. It's the language of the plant. As a grower you have to learn to speak it. Taco leaves are "Hey, move that light up." Pale green/yellow leaves are "Hey, I need more nitrogen".

It will start to process nutrients way faster under a 600 compared to CFL's watch for deficiencies in the first week or so on the new light.

19. Thanks for the info as well, I'm getting close to 2 weeks veg running 24/0. Will probably switch soon. They do seem to need some rest, I had planned on going 24/0 through veg. I was gonna switch to a 600 through flower.

20. I tried to go all 24 in veg. The plants really didn't like it. I get a nice positive response from just a little darkness. It doesn't take much. Many people run 20/4.

• Like Like x 2