Leaves are curling up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Donutnoob91, Dec 14, 2014.

1. I have a 2 week old (from seed) ak-47 plant. Its first couple of sets of true leaves are growing but they are curling up, like a taco. Up until today I was running 24-0 lighting schedule, but tonight I've put them on a 20-4hr light schedule... I'm worried I might lose her!!! She is in a big pot so (time release soil :/) any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. http://www.growweedeasy.com/7-step-remedy

3. I'm thinking heat stress.. Does it look too far damaged?

4. What are the temps and what soil are you using?  

5. High 70s when running lights. May get to 80 during the day. And Scotts hyponex (yeah, yeah, I know) 3 40w CFLs about 3-5" from plant

6. So im guessing you didnt read anything in this link did you.......this helped me with all of my noob grow questions i had a few weeks ago now my babies are growing stress free. Take a look......read......it just might help with your situation lol.

7. I did read it pretty thoroughly. That's why ive came up with assumption it is a high temp/low hum problem, but some expert advice would be nice. From what I've ready, leaves "tacoing" up is one of the first signs of heat stress.

8. You are exactly right, the taco effect is from heat stress, i actually had this happen to one of my plants that decided it wanted to grow  1 1/2 inches in about 9hrs while i was gone i came back and he was practically touching the light. I use CFL's

9. Well I raised the lights a little, added a fan, and have switch from 24-0 to 20-4 so hopefully I see some improvement into next week. I have a couple feminized seed on the way so I'd really like to get this one to flowering before I start those. Hopefully she makes it.

Think you nailed it. Add a silica product to your nutrient lineup, that will make your plant more resistant to stress later on... heat, drought, training, w/e. I use small amounts in every watering, notable increase in vigor and health. I've used rhino skin and dynagro's brands, but I think they're all pretty much the same.

11. Its only two weeks old from seed. I've been running all 120w of CFLs the whole time. My soil is of a pretty "hot" variety so I haven't started feeding and probably won't for a couple more weeks