leaves are cuping, what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by motoxer, Feb 6, 2012.

1. so im about 3rd week into veg and my leaves are cuping, if you know what i mean, basicly the edges of the leaves are folding upwards. what is the plant trying to tell me? it does not need water, already tryed that. could it be it needs air movement in the cab? because right now there is none, i am gonna order a small 4 inch fan from amazon very soon, sucks that i have to order it but thats the only way, hard to find fan around here in the dead of winter. other than that everything is good, ow and the lights are 3 25 watt cfl's all pointing directly at it. they are on 24/7 as i am still try to figure out this piece of shit timer i bought. i want to make everything perfect for this plant, and i think folding leaves are a sign something might be wrong

2. what soil are you using?

started nutes?

are you spraying?

how far are the lights? could be slightly burning them, doubt it with cfls though

what are your temps?

also btw, you really should have a dark time, 18/6 is probably the easiest, and get a fan for sure

3. Fox farm ocean forest and light warrrior mixed

Just started nutes, but it was doing this a day before I started

Not spraying

Light are about 3 inches, I know it does not sound likely with cfl's but when I upgraded to 3 lights instead of just 1 it started doing this

Temp is about 75,

Any recommendations for a simple easy to use timer, this one pisses me off, it a woods indoor timer, with like 8 different on and off time settings, I don't need all that bs

4. hmm, my temps are around 65, seems to be working well. don't use nutes this early anyways, but for the leafs, are you keeping the soil consistently moist? it seems like the plant has gone into stress

5. We're these babies that went straight into the FF? Sounds like a mild over feed.