Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Leaves and stems

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CelticsFan9, Dec 18, 2012.

1. so Ive been smoking for almost a year now. usually someone else grinds/ breaks up and rolls the weed. lately I've been buying my own and doing it myself, and I have a few questions. so when you put a nug in the grinder do you keep the stems in as well or do you take them out before putting it in the joint. same thing with leaves because I heard if you smoke the leaves and even small stems it will give you a headache, is this true or not? thanks

2. Depending on how big the nug is I just throw it in and grind up I may break it up a lil if its a big nug. Also since I started grinding I haven't gotten headaches from stems.

3. If you have a grinder, just pop the whole nug in there. If not then yes, i would take the stems out.

4. just rip the bud off the main stem. you don't want huge thick stems in because you could actually break the grinder or else you might just not be able to even turn it. a little stem and leaves are fine but try to minimize it if you can.

and the headaches thing isn't for sure. some people find they get headaches, some don't. i personally haven't noticed that, though i do notice that using a straight lighter (as opposed to wick or soldering iron) can give me a headache if i hit it enough, as butane is known to cause headaches.

5. You don't have to worry about leaf, but always take the main stem out. Unless it's a really small nug. Trust me, you don't want to smoke any stems.

6. Unless you wanna wreck your blunt/joint with stems

7. i always use a bong, and i never take the stems out. i figure there must be even a small amount of thc attached to the stem, and the bong clears out most of the harmful organic matter, so wheres the hurt?