leaves and stems, HUGE first hydro grow!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Cici20, Feb 6, 2017.

?

Anyone had such big leaves and stems on their plants ?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2017.
  1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I planted 6 different strains mostly indica, Girls scout cookies, LA Cookies, Ice cream, LSD, Blue cheese and Jacked up. Planted in 50% perlite - 50 % peat moss, I am using LED lights, Nuts Advanced nutrients , voodoo juice, Sensizym, b-52, Grow, Bloom, Micro, silicon in veg stage and i will add Nirvana, Big Bud, Overdrive, Molasses and Dextroz in flowering stage. I don't recycle my nuts i have a 80 liter tank were my nuts get air, movement and temp of 22 C I pump in the nuts via pump and the run off I drain away. This my first week in flowering I am at about 1100 ppm and no deficiencies yet ;), I started running co2 now also.
    This is my first grow in hydroponics and i have never seen such big fan leaves and steams they seem almost mutant they are also growing very fast still almost 5 cm a day at this rate i will no longer have room in my tent vertically! See pictures IMG_0349.JPG IMG_0353.JPG IMG_0344.JPG IMG_0342.JPG IMG_0338.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Yea, can jus take off them bigger ones if you like, get some light too the bud sites

• Like Like x 1
  3. They are happy! You might want to look into some training in the advanced forum. It can help 'reduce' the size of your girls. I usually figure that the plant will double or even triple in size (from veg height) when finished with flowering. I've had a couple grows end up too big for the space!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the advice, i put a canopy net over them today so i will have the same hight and i also figered out how to lower them a bit but now i need a pump to drain the run off water because i am lower than the drain pipe, but that's what makes it fun!!

thanks again

5. It's always a challenge! I use some small pumps that attach to an electric drill for pumping out the lower buckets on my Waterfarms. It only a problem after I put the scrog screen on and I can't get into the buckets from the top. I've seen the pumps at Home Depot and on eBay.

6. IMG_0361.JPG IMG_0364.JPG I cut down the brances that were not going to reach the light and some of the leaves that were in the way of bud sites and i put a canopy net over to even the hight, But i still feel that i could you some more light

• Like Like x 1