Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Leave The Weed In Or Out Of The Coconut Oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by humbleboy, Jul 1, 2014.

1. I haven't made up my mind yet.  Why?  Because I feel there are still some oils (containing THC) marinated in the leaves or tiny crumbs of the weed and if I left them out, I would lose potential greater potency in my final batch?  

Am I totally wrong?  Please someone explain in a scientific level so I can understand.  

For example, do I have nothing to worry about?  Does THC get magnetically pulled into the coconut oil with nothing left in the actual plant material?  

Thanks so much for your help. 

no way to get it all...there is a point of depreciated returns on efforts where you just find it is not worth the cost. but you can recover the last of the coconut oil with grain alcohol at a cost.

i.e..make the oil, strain the plant matter, then use grain alcohol to wash off the remaining oil from the plant matter...let the alcohol evaporate..you have the last of that oil, any more effort is not worth it....

if you can squeeze the cheese clothe hard enough, you don't need to spend your money on grain alcohol. :confused_2:

3. Freeze it in the middle of simmering with the weed in it to open up more space for THC to infuse with the oil. I did 2 hours simmering, 12 hours in the freezer, then 2 more hours on the heat. Strained. I have friends too scared to eat more than a quarter of a cookie :smoke:

4. I boil my cannabutter or cannacocooil in water so after I strained out the pulp I can smush it in the water again and get more of a return on the amount left in

• Like Like x 1
    Yep I do this also.  I re simmer the herb in a pot of water and re strain a 2nd time. 

I do a 2nd wash with my bubble has as well, sometimes even a 3rd wash.